Any description of what was in recent 722 software update?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scotty1963

Original poster
Apr 15, 2010
Midwest
I noticed the new GUI a few days ago, but didn't get a DVR event explaining what it includes, and don't see anything on the forum. Is there anything of note in the update?

Thanks! Looks like nothing of note unless you want Google TV. Google TV does look mildly interesting, and I'd probably pay $100 for the equipment (not the $179 they want) but would not pay the extra $48/yr. I tend to think long term, and at $480 over the next 10 years, I can easily pass. Especially since I can have my netbook on my lap searching Google, watching Youtube, etc. without interfering with my (or my wife's) TV viewing. A one-time fee for the novelty? Sure! Another monthly fee? LOL!

I see in the above link something about a screensaver update on the 722. I have never been able to find a screen saver on my 722, does this update install one?

I see in the above link something about a screensaver update on the 722. I have never been able to find a screen saver on my 722, does this update install one?

The screen saver is what you see when receiver is in standby. The update was only for the yellow color font.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts