Any DTV subscribers in the SF Bay Area?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Doomster

Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
To those who are in the San Francisco area, if you have FOX Sports Bay Area (Channels 654 and 655) thru DirecTV, are you seeing pixelation problems?

There are Warriors/Sharks games that I record and almost invariably, they will have times when during the playback, there are times when parts "pixelate". What I mean by pixelate is that the images are displayed with big pixels and you get a "fuzzy" display. Most of the time, it's for 1 sec or less.

I first thought it was due to bad weather from the transmission site (the sports arena where they were sending the feed to the satellite) but then I see the same pixelation problems when commercials are aired.

So then I thought it was the FOX transmitting satellite or something. But I've talked to friends who watched/recorded the same games on Tivo but thru cable (Comcast) and they've said that they don't see the same problems that I do.

So I'm wondering if there's something wrong with DirecTV receiving FOXBA signals. Has anyone else with FOXBA thru DTV seen this problem?

Doomster, I live in Vacaville and watch 654 and 655 and I have not noticed any problems with those channels. Are these the only channels were you are having this problem? What receiver (or receivers) are you using? If you have more than one receiver, does it happen on all the receivers?

Gbubar,

These channels are the only two that I am consistently seeing this. I don't see this with other channels (like Showtime or TMC) when I record movies onto my DirecTivo boxes.

I've experimented and have discovered that it happens in all receivers (I recorded a game on multiple receivers to verify). It only happens on these channels on a consistent basis.

I've also checked the signal strenght of the transponder for 654/655 and it's around 90. I think there's something wrong with DirecTV's transmission of the FOXBA feeds. The only other thing I can think of is that my receiver (on my satellite) is defective. But I'm not sure how best I can verify this without replacing it with a new one.

I don't think it is your receivers or you would see problems on more than just 654 and 655. Your signal strength appears to be OK also. Are your DirecTivo units the HR10-250's? I know some people have been having problems with those units since they downloaded the latest software (6.3). Though, you would think the problem would be on more that just 654 and 655. One thing you could try is switching your cables (if you are using 2 cables to the DirecTivo's) or just make sure the connections are tight. If you have the protection plan then I would have DTV come out and see if they can fix the problem (if the problem is on your end???) Sorry I could not help you more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)