Any ETA on the USB OTA Tuner?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I know everybody has been pre-occupied with the AMC fiasco and the Autohop lawsuit. I'm wondering if anyone has heard any news on the hopper OTA tuner? I haven't heard anything since team summit happened. Thanks.:)

You're right. It has been quiet. Maybe now that they have the Hoppers talking to each other (pseudo integration) they will shift their focus to the OTA setup.

There was a rumor about a release in a summer month beginning with a "J" but who really knows?

No updates since Team Summit, and at that time they said they were aiming for a month that started with a J.

Would be nice to have in time for the Olympics. :D

Now that I can get the Walking Dead via other sources on the Internet, AND Two Hoppers can see each others recordings . . .
all I need now is the USB Over the Air tuner so I can watch

***STAR TREK***

Currently for me Star Trek is only available via my Local Channels that Dish does not carry on the SAT.
I got the money all saved up for the 2nd Hopper and OTA tuners (I figure I will need Two, one for each Hopper)

List of channels local channel Dish does not carry in Omaha:

METV
MyNetwork
LiveWell,
PBS HD (Dish only has SD)
LocalWeatherChannel
PBS Kids
PBS Crete
IOWA PBS
CBS from Lincoln
ABC from Lincoln
Spanish Channel
CW in HD (Dish only has SD)

I am guessing most Hopper customers do not know they are missing lots of free local channels so I am sure to always point this out to remind Dish that they need to be clear to there customers before they sigh a Two year contract.
I talked to one new Hopper customer last week and he thought he had all the locals as when he called to order they said you get all the Omaha Locals. (I guess ALL means , all available on the SAT, not all in the DMA). He said he was tricked, he did not notice as its summer and he is not watching much TV right now.

No updates since Team Summit, and at that time they said they were aiming for a month that started with a J.

Would be nice to have in time for the Olympics. :D

Well a month with that starts with a J , would mean either July or January. I sure hope it's this month,because I don't want to wait 6 months to get the ota tuner.

But BBC America airs an inferior image of TNG. It is AWFUL! I have found the best PQ image for TNG on Syfy and, I think, TNT. Those two channels had a resplendent image quality for TNG and at original aspect ratio. They may have spent their own money to getting looking good and transferred PROPERLY with clear image, accurate color and otherwise CLEAN looking as if the show were shot just last week, probably a digital transfer. BBC America's looks like an analog transfer. Paramount does not necessarily send out the best image transfers to rights holders and probably makes them pay more for higher image quality or spend their own money to "fix" what Paramount provides. TNG currently syndicated to broadcast locals also has an inferior image quality (just as disappointing in image quality on 2 of the LA locals that air it) but not as horrible as BBC America's.

Gosh, sorry for off topic.

Last edited:
Well a month with that starts with a J , would mean either July or January. I sure hope it's this month,because I don't want to wait 6 months to get the ota tuner.

Well I thought I heard somewhere they said this summer, and I sure hope that they don't think that January is summer, lol.

I have PBS and CW in HD on my Hopper. Also have all 4 locals in HD. The Hopper would not be a selling point to me if I couldn't use PTAT.

You have CW in HD? Didn't think Dish bothered with anything other than the "Big Four" and the only reason they bothered to put PBS in HD was because of the FCC. We have the "Big Four" and PBS in HD here. CW/MY/whatever else are in SD.

As for this topic, I REALLY miss the OTA I had with my 722Ks! Here's hoping that Dish releases OTA soon! I will buy it on day 1.

Dish put up all Tribune owned CW stations in HD, so that covers a fair population and creates confusion for those who don't get CW's as LIL HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)