Any fall FTA projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
...Lawn Chair Dish works like a charm!
However, I'm worried about what my neighbors will think!
It's pointing DOWN and towards their house!
See where the dish bolts to the mount?
You may be able to remove the four bolts, and spin the dish 180°.
This would put the LNB and arm above the dish, instead of below it.
Then, you tilt the mount upwards (elevation ONLY!) about two times the dish's offset..
.. is that about 25° for your nice Primestar, so 2 x 25 = 50° higher than it is now? *
And you should be right back on Cuba.

edit:
I don't trust my own calculation, and I do have some reference material.
Probably best to read through it before making the change:

INVERTED KU DISHES:

MikeKohl figures how to read the existing dish elevation scale:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...inverted-dish-installation-2.html#post1738869

Also, read this post by MikeLib and my response:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...inverted-dish-installation-3.html#post1805971

Attachments

• PrimeStarUpsideDownCrop.jpg
    PrimeStarUpsideDownCrop.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
See where the dish bolts to the mount?
You may be able to remove the four bolts, and spin the dish 180°.
This would put the LNB and arm above the dish, instead of below it.
Then, you tilt the mount upwards (elevation ONLY!) about two times the dish's offset..
.. is that about 25° for your nice Primestar, so 2 x 25 = 50° higher than it is now?
And you should be right back on Cuba.

Oh cool! I might try that tomorrow. But then again, if the neighbors don't flip out on me, I might leave it. I don't know. It's still early, if there's going to be any static about it it may take a few days before anything is said. Seriously, the thing is pointing down and right at their house, or so it APPEARS. Most people don't understand how the signal comes in at an angle and bounces into the end. I didn't know that myself until last year. I always thought it was like a straight line out from the center of the dish. :eek:

Thank you! :)

Viva la what???, Houston we "indeed" have a problem lol.

Should be around 50 only so I think your receiver scanned them in twice. That bird is so low and the offset dish design makes it look down to earth rather than the sky. there is a thread in the fTA shack section that should give you more details for the US movies on Cubavision. There is also the Uruguayan mux on that bird but it uses DVB-S2 and fades rather easy with rain but all programming in spanish even the US movies. There should be a US movie (family oriented only due to the day and time of day) this afternoon at around 2 pm on Cubavision. And probably another tonight on Tele Rebelde. for schedule in spanish TV Cubana - Portal de la Televisión cubana. then click on the big TV Channel Icon. Follow the date and hour in the schedule and use the director or actor name to find the actual title in english since they usually change it when translated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)