any (good) deals for new subs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JosephB

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 21, 2004
Atlanta
I am about to move back home from school and out of the world of cable. I WANT Directv, but I think I'm going to get Dish, at least for a little while. I just bought an HDTV, and I want an HD receiver. I also want a DVR for another room (SD, HDDVR is way too expensive). I then want a standard receiver for a 3rd room. To get this with Directv I am going to have to get the 3 room system with tivo for $100 -$50 rebate and then buy a HD box at $299 minimum. I can get an 811 HD box, 522 PVR and a standard box from dish for free with no commitment. I really really like Directv better, their service, receivers, etc as I've had both in the past, but they don't seem like they want new customers. Are there any good deals that are out there or any way to get into Directv without having to spend $400-500?

oh they want you but my theory for high def , the equipment is just that much better that they dont need to give it away. although if you talk to customer retention (you say you were a past customer) i bet you could work out a better deal. just call in and ask to speak to customer retention , the csr that answers origianally has no authority to upgrade your hd, you need to speak to Customer retention

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)