any help with dish alignment

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I do think I have blockage issues. There is a couple of tree branches in the line of sight. Not too bad but still there. Could this hinder the signal?

How much higher would you say? It's a maple and the limbs are tough. I got a nipper on a pole with the rope hanging down and stood on a ladder. Limbs were probably 20 feet in air. I trimmed several ends because closer to trunk they were just too tough. I'm tired now! I'll see if it made any difference.

I am setting up a DirecTv slimline dish with an H24 box at my cabin. I am using the signal meter through the box and reading it on the tv. I was able to get 101 pretty easy with good signal 97% on transponder 18. Satillite SWM low signal strength 50s. None of the other satillites will come in. I have fooled with the elevation tilt and azmuth. I copied my neighbors tilt and elevation settings. He has the same slimline dish. I have a little blockage from a tree limb but I don't know if that is enough to totally block the signal from the other satillites. I am only getting some of the channels I am suppose to get. I would welcome any help.

first most important thing ... be certain that pole is plumb ... set dish to settings for your zip ... be sure it is for the 5 lnb dish ..

if you are getting the 101 ... & dish is setup correct ... you should get others.... may need to peak to center sat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)