Any hint of MLB EXTRA INNINGS coming to Dish?

From what I remember MLB wanted them to buy interest in the new MLB network. Dish did not want to buy in. In addition the number of subscribers they had wasnt enough to justify the costs of keeping it.

Of course the MLB extra innings package is useless without the most watched team in Baseball... the New York Yankees...

Here is the original announcement when DishNet decided not to carry MLB EI as of 2007:
http://www.dishnetwork.com/packages/ppv/sports/baseball/default.aspx:
DISH Network will not be carrying MLB Extra Innings, the out of market baseball package, and MLB Network this season. The demands made by MLB were not in the best interest of our customers. Fortunately, you can still receive baseball games all season long on ESPN, FOX, Regional Sports Networks, Superstations and local Networks.

DISH Network customers will continue to enjoy access to thousands of major league baseball games per year, including those broadcast on ESPN, Regional Sports Networks and local networks which have broadcast agreements for Major League Baseball carriage. The great news is that you will continue to have access to this programming within your existing programming packages including the playoffs and the World Series.

Get a Roku box

I'd recommend doing what I did for this season, so I can watch all the Braves games in Lexington KY. For $99, get a Roku box and connect to your broadband internet and television. The you can subscribe to MLB TV for about $120 and see every major league game in 720p. Not a bad deal.

From what I remember MLB wanted them to buy interest in the new MLB network. Dish did not want to buy in. In addition the number of subscribers they had wasnt enough to justify the costs of keeping it.

Of course the MLB extra innings package is useless without the most watched team in Baseball... the New York Yankees...
Even though I am not a Yankees fan, the fact that Dish does not carry YES is a big minus for carriage of Extra Innings.

Also add the fact that the number of games in HD would be dismal.

would you also want NFL SUNDAY TICKET to go with that MLB EXTRA INNINGS?

Until Dish gets deep enough pockets like the massive cable cos., the massive telcos--Verizon, AT&T--or Liberty Media--in other words just about all their competition--Dish is NEVER going to have MLB IE so long as MLB IE requires the massive amounts of cash that Scott alluded to. Not a "cheap Charlie" issue, but just one example of why Dish does have a tough time competing, and Chuck knows it and has admitted it. BTW, Charles refers to NFL Sunday Ticket as "No Funds Left [NFL]" in mocking the huge billions that DirecTV pays for it. Dish can't even come close to paying that and not go out of business. MLB IE current cost would mean TiVo would be buying Dish :). Charles wants them, but can't afford them.

Sunday ticket doesn't really apply to this, we all know that's direct exclusive. Plus, in my opinion red zone channel is an acceptable alternative. I found I like watching that more than actual games. EI would be nice, but there is always MLB.tv, though ei would be easier

PlayON has added MLB.TV to its lineup. You can use the software on your PC to stream MLB.TV to your PS3 or XBox360.

PlayON has added MLB.TV to its lineup. You can use the software on your PC to stream MLB.TV to your PS3 or XBox360.

Hopefully MLB.TV has made major improvements in their service and you have a computer purchased in the last year. I tried a trial of MLB.TV 2 seasons ago and it was awful, video and audio never synced properly,both were choppy, and support was less than horrible, and was trying to watch at the lowest resolution! I realized that part, not all, of the problem was the age of my PC, and the speed of my DSL, so be forewarned before you invest too much time and money.

Ross

I'd recommend doing what I did for this season, so I can watch all the Braves games in Lexington KY. For $99, get a Roku box and connect to your broadband internet and television. The you can subscribe to MLB TV for about $120 and see every major league game in 720p. Not a bad deal.

well you can get the Roku HD box on the web site for 79.00 plus Free Shipping all you have to do is sign up for a free 14 day Netflix account .

tehn you go to mlbtv and sign up for the mlb premium for 99.00 on the deal they have for signing up on for SI for free for 3 mos

and you Save $40.00

Did Dish Network recently reject another deal from MLB to carry MLB Network? I logged onto mlb.com today and was bombarded with this "Switch from Dish" ads. However, U-verse doesn't carry MLB Network either, and none of the ads are targeted at AT&T. Just curious if MLB gave Dish an offer and they rejected it.

http://getmlbnetwork.viewerlink.tv/ListAffiliates.aspx