Any hope of getting Me TV or Antenna TV to Dish?

I've been trying to get ME-TV in the Nashville area for awhile, no luck. It is in other areas of Tennessee. I went to the Dish Facebook page and sent a message asking for it, and was told they would put in a request for ME-TV. Of course, that could just be a stock reply on their part. I'm not holding my breath.

I've been trying to get ME-TV in the Nashville area for awhile, no luck. It is in other areas of Tennessee. I went to the Dish Facebook page and sent a message asking for it, and was told they would put in a request for ME-TV. Of course, that could just be a stock reply on their part. I'm not holding my breath.

are you talking as a subchannel OTA or on Dish?

Dish and Directv wont put them on the locals unless its a main station which would qualify for must carry. The only other way it would get on your locals is if it is run part time with another network...like My Network or in the case of WBBJ-DT3 in Jackson, TN its run a few hours a day when CBS has nothing national programming wise on

I get METV as a Dish-carried station, it's a subchannel of the FOX main channel. What I don't understand is why the subchannels of ION aren't carried. I suppose ION does not qualify for must carry? What about PBS subchannels?

I get METV as a Dish-carried station, it's a subchannel of the FOX main channel. What I don't understand is why the subchannels of ION aren't carried. I suppose ION does not qualify for must carry? What about PBS subchannels?

Via OTA, I get Antenna tv (sub channel of local abc) and guide info. I get ME-tv (sub channel of local CW) no guide info. Ion (exactly the same as the National feed) and two sub channels, no guide info on any of them. Local PBS and two sub channels with info on all three.

Local PBS and two sub channels with info on all three.
Are you talking Satellite feeds on all 3 stations, or just guide info for the OTA subchannels? I get guide info for all channels, but only the main PBS is delivered via satellite.

I would take either. OTA would be fine, but I have sent emails to local channels about it, and never get a reply. Can't understand why Nashville doesn't have it.

I get METV as a Dish-carried station, it's a subchannel of the FOX main channel.
Jacksonville by chance?
If so thats a My Network affiliate that happens to have MeTV on outwsdie of the 2 hour My Network block. That would fall under 2nd option of DIsh carrying it
The only other way it would get on your locals is if it is run part time with another network...like My Network
they even show it as My Network primary
30.2 MyNetworkTV (primary)
MeTV (secondary)

Jacksonville by chance?
If so thats a My Network affiliate that happens to have MeTV on outwsdie of the 2 hour My Network block. That would fall under 2nd option of DIsh carrying it
The only other way it would get on your locals is if it is run part time with another network...like My Network
they even show it as My Network primary
30.2 MyNetworkTV (primary)
MeTV (secondary)
Ok, but what the heck is the difference between MyNetwork TV and the others (MeTV, ThisTV, AntennaTV, etc)? Why does My Network TV get carried on satellite and the others don't?

Ok, but what the heck is the difference between MyNetwork TV and the others (MeTV, ThisTV, AntennaTV, etc)? Why does My Network TV get carried on satellite and the others don't?

My Network is classified as a network.
MeTV, ThisTV, AntennaTV is classified as a "digital subchannel" ;)

Technically since its a subchannel and not a affiliation of the Big 4 nets Dish doesnt have to carry it (while ANY subchannel doesnt qualify for must carry if its a Big 4 subchannel they usually try and carry it). The Fox affiliate probably said "you gotta carry the My subchannel too or you don't get Fox"

side note...Directv doesnt carry it

In my area of Beaumont/Pt.Arthur,Texas, we have an ABC station KBMT 12.1 and DISH carries it and the NBC station which is run by the same channel and it is called KJAC 12.2. Then the MyTx is on 12.3 and MeTv is on 12.4 . I can not get DISH to carry guide information for these two stations to save my life. My former dishquality contact has just said that DISH won't carry it because it is an ota channel by itself and not carried on the satellite. So is Bounce tv and CW tv and both are sub channels of the Fox and CBS station respectively. So their reasons for not carrying even GUIDE information , must less carry them on the satellite , is a bunch of Bullsh*t to me. But I recently "moved" to another dma where guess what ? They carry Metv with GUIDE information on the satellite ! So I can now record the shows I want with name based recording instead of manual timers. The only problem is that the picture quality is not as good as ota is. It looks very compressed and slightly out of focus. The ota channel in 480i looks very clear and sharp.

I get both Me-TV and Antenna TV OTA. Dish has guide info for the former, but none for the latter (I know, probably not Dish's fault). This is the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market. I had to upgrade the antenna to get Me-TV to come through.

I get both Me-TV and Antenna TV OTA. Dish has guide info for the former, but none for the latter (I know, probably not Dish's fault). This is the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale market. I had to upgrade the antenna to get Me-TV to come through.

I also get Me-TV and Antenna TV OTA and Dish has guide information for both channels in the Orlando area. I watch both channels.

Me-TV and Antenna TV both have shows which is also airing on TV Land but my God TV Land has edited so many scenes out of each episode for more commercials it's crazy. Me-TV and Antenna TV air syndicated episodes, but they aren't chopped up to the extreme like TV Land does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)