any installers in the forsyth county, ga area?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harryx

Original poster
Feb 2, 2012
cumming, ga
We live about 25 miles North of Atlanta

We gave up on our directtv subscription after many years. Got tired of paying the price and not finding anything we wanted to watch. Found we were streaming more often than watching with satellite.

But, would like get local channels. Our tv is a new hd one. Have old antenna up in the attic that used to be sufficient and now, can only get channels 8( PBS)
and 11 (NBC) A friend out of state suggested we get a ChannelMaster CM 2018 or 2020. Try it in the attic and if that doesn't work have someone install outside.

First, any other suggestions.

And, second, does anyone know of someone with antenna knowledge to installer ? Outside installation is beyond my knowledge and don't have the proper equipment.

Thanks Harry

We live about 25 miles North of Atlanta

We gave up on our directtv subscription after many years. Got tired of paying the price and not finding anything we wanted to watch. Found we were streaming more often than watching with satellite.

But, would like get local channels. Our tv is a new hd one. Have old antenna up in the attic that used to be sufficient and now, can only get channels 8( PBS)
and 11 (NBC) A friend out of state suggested we get a ChannelMaster CM 2018 or 2020. Try it in the attic and if that doesn't work have someone install outside.

First, any other suggestions.

And, second, does anyone know of someone with antenna knowledge to installer ? Outside installation is beyond my knowledge and don't have the proper equipment.

Thanks Harry
Using TV Fool and zip 30040 you have many stations LOS (line of sight) at about 28 miles most are UHF. The 2 you are receiving are VHF and look to be the only VHF that are LOS Your existing antenna maybe VHF only (doubtful but possible) or you have a connection problem. Do you have any splitters in line between the antenna and your TV? Are you using Directv lines to run the signal now that you have disconnected Directv?

An after thought is your TV set for cable or ota tuning? If set for cable it might not see the UHF channels when it scans for channels.

Thanks to your post, I decided I's better just recheck the cable lines hooked up to the antenna. Literally, pulled it up from under the insulation and found a very poor piece of cable connected by 2 splitters. I had a very good, long piece of which I ran from the antenna to the tv We now have many more channels. I may get a newer antenna to see if it might bring even more in Many thanks.

Thanks to your post, I decided I's better just recheck the cable lines hooked up to the antenna. Literally, pulled it up from under the insulation and found a very poor piece of cable connected by 2 splitters. I had a very good, long piece of which I ran from the antenna to the tv We now have many more channels. I may get a newer antenna to see if it might bring even more in Many thanks.
Glad to have pointed you in the correct direction also nice to get an update. Too many people don't understand the TV antennas from the 1960's to today all work for reception of DIGITAL signals there is no such thing as a HDTV antenna. If your TV antenna received the old analog signals it will still receive the DIGITAL signals, you may need upgrades on cables and splitters but if the antenna is still in good condition it should still work in most cases.

Go to "www.tvfool.com" and fill in the information and it will tell you what stations you can expect to receive. Just about anything described as "LOS" should be receivable.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)