Any major software updates coming soon? (Especially to upgrade the dated 722 UI?)

I have zero inside knowledge, but I wouldn't expect them to invest heavily into revamping the UI of the 722s. I'm sure they'll spend that energy on new receivers.

I know the 722k has a major software update scheduled for sometime in April. (Which I'm sure means May if we are lucky :))
Though I don't think the UI will be affected very much.

You have to look at it with Dish Network's eyes,if they were able to update the UI in the 722k why would they? nobody would want to get the 922?.;)

Plus there's the fact if it would slow down the UI much I would have to say"Logos? We don't need no stinkin Logos"!.;):D

Right now my UI in my 722k installed in Jan.2011,Made in India is very fast and I hope it stays that way.:D

I know the 722k has a major software update scheduled for sometime in April. (Which I'm sure means May if we are lucky :))
Though I don't think the UI will be affected very much.
What is supposed to be included?

I doubt that the 922 UI is coming other VIP receivers anytime soon. Dish seems to be focused on updating menus on the current UI. Here's the pdf from a thread I started a month ago on this topic.

Attachments

• ReceiverMenuUpdates_EXT.pdf
    221.1 KB · Views: 273
Well, the 722K (and presumably 222K) is supposed to be the same chip-set and almost identical (lacking Sling) to the 922. In essence they are supposed to be the same under hood. However, I wouldn't expect Dish to upgrade the 722K UI, although I think they could if they wanted to, but I believe the logos and other tiles are sent/accessed and updated via internet connection, not satellite, me thinks.

Well, the 722K (and presumably 222K) is supposed to be the same chip-set and almost identical (lacking Sling) to the 922. In essence they are supposed to be the same under hood. However, I wouldn't expect Dish to upgrade the 722K UI, although I think they could if they wanted to, but I believe the logos and other tiles are sent/accessed and updated via internet connection, not satellite, me thinks.

There was a thread earlier can't remember which site where one of the CSRs did hint they saw a 722k with a different looking UI on it.But what it looked like or what it had will probably remain a mystery unless one morning we wake up to a different UI.But if it didn't work well I would imagine our UI on the 722k will remain the same.:confused: