Any New Channels coming soon?

Harrelson 69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2005
September 1st is Monday. Has anyone heard any strong rumors about new channels being added this month?

I haven't heard anything, but I HIGHLY doubt it. I would expect Jan. 1 to be the earliest we get anything more.

they just added 15 hd ch less than a month ago
do you really think they are adding more any time soon?

Going to have to wait until October IMO, since the 16th they are yanking the analog feed of public access and any local gov't channels your system has. Here on the Great Neck system 7 analogs are going digital only to free up more bandwidth.

Going to have to wait until October IMO, since the 16th they are yanking the analog feed of public access and any local gov't channels your system has. Here on the Great Neck system 7 analogs are going digital only to free up more bandwidth.

yup i believe october/nov will be the next round of additions supposed to be an additional 10-15hd channels

the next step will be on the stations themselves to start showing true HD

I disagree.

It is up to CV to simply provide any and all available HD channels, regardless of how much real HD is shown on them.

Most of them have some HD gems scattered in with non-HD content. If you don't have the network at all, you don't get the good stuff that occasionally plays.

TBS is a great example. 99% of the time they are showing non-HD garbage. However, that 1% are MLB Playoffs - which would totally *suck* to not have in HD.

(USA network anyone? I'm sure they don't always have 100% HD content, but without it, no one is getting the US Open opening rounds in HD.)

Moral of the story: CV should give us ALL HD channels available, period, and the networks themselves will ultimately improve their HD offerings.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)