Any new HD Channels anytime soon?

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
When is Time Warner cable going to get new HD channels? They havent even announced any channels they are thinking of getting.

yea! you would think with dish and direct boasting about upping their hd programing to over 100 hd channels tw would get in to the fight too.

I just got the following email from Time Warner (I'm in Raleigh NC)

More HD Coming To Time Warner Cable
Time Warner Cable will soon be adding the HD Channels of some of the best programming on television today. On October 1, HD subscribers will get TBS HD (channel 282). And on October 15, Versus/Golf HD (channel 283) and A&E HD (channel 284) will be added to the the HD channel lineup.

So DirectTV adds 100 channels and we get THREE!!!

Noticed yesterday that TBS HD is on in the Cleveland/Elyria, Ohio area. Big deal!! Their programming is nothing but junk. But did look in on the Red Sox - Angels game last night. Seems to be a lot of bitching about the quality of their HD, but the ballgame looked as good as any I have seen anywhere else. The stupid comedy show that was on when I first found the channel did not look too good though. Picture was soft, not like the sharp clear quality of the ball game.

twc dallas getting tbs hd,food network hd ,and hgtv hd

twc dallas launch dates

tbs hd : by the end of october
hgtv hd and food network hd : soon after tbs hd

Corporate HQ announces agreements with providers but the local TW decides if they will carry it or not. For example TBS is only carried by a few of the TW outlets nationwide. I'd dare say 85% of the total TW customer base don't actually recieve TBS.

Our local TW office made a big deal about adding "new HD channels"...come to find out it's TBS-HD. Not what I'd call a big deal. The channels I really want are Discovery Channel HD, Science Channel HD, Food Network HD, etc.

We live in a rather small rural area serviced by a larger TW outlet in a neighboring state. But they treat our area like a distant step-cousin, twice removed. We have none of the more advanced services here (like on-demand, which they've been promising for three years) that they offer in the state-next-door. I'm getting tired of waiting and am seriously considering switching back to satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)