any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't think I said that in there.

Your right - I shouldn't have used "" That was my short summation.

Here's a more detailed summary borrowed from a post by mlb.

"He knows of no specific channels adds, only knows that he was told last month that by the end of April there would be a lot of new HD."

NightRyder

Last edited:
Yep, "lots" to me would simply be espnnews hd, and maybe a new starz or cinemax hd channel. 2 channels I'd actually watch often :).

Lots of new HD means LiL and National.
Too many here are trying to make it mean National only.

Many HD channels were turned on this month.

If you lived in one of the locales that was awaiting local HD and it finally arrived, it would seem like you received a lot of new HD.

For those of us who have had locals in HD, LIL HD means nothing. I know it's a lot of work for Dish, but Green Bay Local HD adds no value to those of use in other markets that have HD.

And for the record, Scott has said that those of us who are thinking of jumping ship, should wait until May 1. Personally, I will be revisiting the issue on or about May 15. I am expecting to switch because the channels I want to see are distributed by Fox, and I expect that pissing match to continue for some time to come.

As for "Lots" three new national channels looks like a lots when there had been none for six months.

I assumed "lots" meant many, if not most, of these from the Mar 18 press release:

"Upcoming national HD announcements may include the addition of
ABC Family HD
AMC HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Bravo HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC HD
MGM HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Sci-Fi HD
Smithsonian Channel HD
Starz Edge HD
Tennis Channel HD
Superstation WGN HD
The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD
USA Network HD
VH-1 HD"

It really looks like DirectTV put a bee in Dish Network's bonnet with that ad showing well-known channels not on Dish... Including the 3 in the above list that are already launched. Incidentally, 3 transponders X 7 channels apiece = 21 + 3 already on = 24 new national HD channels. Oops. 25 in the above list. :(

i think alot of people will jump ship if they dont start adding more hd soon. i know the online chat at dishnetwork.com keep saying in the coming months but when they have been sayin that since march then i think that is just misleading. they would be better off to just say SOON.dish wake up and put up or shut up.i called dish jus the other day on another question and they still sayin they are the HD Leader..that is total BS.....

I believe the chat CSRs have been toting this list as channels that WILL launch by the end of May—so they still have a month to launch them. Whether they'll actually be up by then is anyone's guess. That many channels would certainly boost the value of an HD Only subscription.

I assumed "lots" meant many, if not most, of these from the Mar 18 press release:

"Upcoming national HD announcements may include the addition of
ABC Family HD
AMC HD
BET HD
The Biography Channel HD
Bravo HD
Cartoon Network HD
CMT HD
CNN HD
Disney Channel HD
ESPN News HD
HBO2 HD
IFC HD
MGM HD
MoreMAX HD
MTV HD
Nickelodeon HD
Sci-Fi HD
Smithsonian Channel HD
Starz Edge HD
Tennis Channel HD
Superstation WGN HD
The Weather Channel HD
Toon Disney HD
USA Network HD
VH-1 HD"

It really looks like DirectTV put a bee in Dish Network's bonnet with that ad showing well-known channels not on Dish... Including the 3 in the above list that are already launched. Incidentally, 3 transponders X 7 channels apiece = 21 + 3 already on = 24 new national HD channels. Oops. 25 in the above list. :(

My HD-Only subscription is worth it now! I look forward to more HD Channels.... HD Channels. DirecTV can keep all their Viacom bullsh!t stretched SD channels, I'm cool.

Since the Team summit is so close. I think they may wait to launch then at the beginning of the summit.

Miggity: I didn't mean to imply that the HD package isn't capable of making people happy now. If it included Comedy Central (not for HD content because it has two of my favorite programs) and TCM, which don't have HD channels at all, I'd certainly be tempted to switch.

Maybe its me but there has been alot of local HDs lit up in the last 3 weeks and that could be what Charlie and his sidekick are refering too. If so then it was a half %$$ comment by them and really mislead the E* faithful. Even so, having SciFi-HD and USA-HD is a real nice addition so maybe we could get just a few more to tie us over till the Eastern Arc launches.

What will the HD picture quality be with 7 or 8 HD channels per transponder?..Right now, on 129, there are 6 to a transponder and the picture quality is soft and so-so right now. I hope it doesn't get worse because that would force people to jump ship even faster, myself included.

One thing to consider: If they indeed plan to launch 20 channels in a month's time, it would probably be easier to had a few every week than put them all up at once. If they plan to hold to the end of May promise, they should probably be adding a few every week. (Pure speculation.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)