any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I just got an email from Dish stating that my locals will be in HD (Hartford DMA) AND that these channels will be coming soon in HD (no need for 15 replies on what Dish means by "soon"), just passing on what I received from them:

ABC Family HD
• AMC HD
• BET HD
• The Biography
Channel HD
• Bravo HD
• Cartoon Network HD
• CMT HD
• Disney Channel HD
• ESPN News HD
• HBO2 HD
• IFC HD
• MGM HD
• MTV HD
• Nickelodeon HD
• WGN HD
• The Weather
Channel HD
• VH-1 HD

those viacom channels need to be as LOW PRIORITY as it gets. Aside from Comedy Central those channels are worthless. Is there anyone here who actually wants them? I challenge anyone to justify to me wasting transponder space on MTV, VH1, or BET... potheads and scene kids watch that stuff.

(Extra emphasis on the fact that as of now all I've ever heard about being broadcast is stretched HD... TBS style)

I think only time will tell what will be coming online if any tomorrow. Maybe lots of HD maybe nothing for HD.

Just remember where you are spending your hard earned money and re-evaluate your programming needs and or wants and then see if you are in the right place?

So on may 1st will we see a tread on who jumped ship for Direct TV??

Threads about people leaving E* for D* have not been uncommon on these boards. I doubt anyone took the May 1st "promise" seriously so I don't expect any spike in the number of those threads after tomorrow.

Maybe lots of HD maybe nothing for HD.

So you're tellin' me there's a chance...?

YYYEAAAAAAHHHHH!

23025360ga2.jpg

Threads about people leaving E* for D* have not been uncommon on these boards. I doubt anyone took the May 1st "promise" seriously so I don't expect any spike in the number of those threads after tomorrow.

I respectfully disagree. Over the last month "by end of April" has been the montra. Scott has been saying and stands by his statements that if by May 1 your provider doesn't have what you want you should look elsewhere.

I respectfully disagree. Over the last month "by end of April" has been the montra. Scott has been saying and stands by his statements that if by May 1 your provider doesn't have what you want you should look elsewhere.

Courtesy is always appreciated but I don't take offense at any part of your post.

However, I'm not sure what you disagree with. Yes, "end of April" has been the LATEST line-in-the-sand but, as you know, that's likely to change, if it hasn't already, to "end of May, and I really mean it this time". I don't think Scott has "stuck by" any prediction, but I DO think you are correct in that even HE is getting ticked off and wouldn't blame people for leaving if May 1st comes and goes without any new national HD.

I think Scott said that cuz he doesn't want to have to listen to the BS that'll follow if things don't work out. I'd give Dish till the end of May. :)

Nay I give dish untill Dish goes Bankrupt.

I believe Scott on his podcast stated that if Dish does not add more national HD by the end of April Dish may find out that it is to late.

Did I get this quote right??

I would much rather get the HBO, Cinemax, and Starz HD tiers instead of these other channels that are either stretched or not in HD at all.

Seriously, how many people are going to watch BET, CMT, Tennis, and some of these other channels? I will take whatever we can get, but it will be interesting to see the order at which these channels are added (if at all).

Another wild card this time is what will happen with Voom. Supposedly, they are introducing a new HD movie channel on May 1st which may or may not be a consolidation of some of their existing movie channels. If so, that would provide additional room for national HD channels.

Roy

The "new channel" on voom will not be an additional channel. It will be a rebranding of an existing channel.

See ya
Tony

Do you know which channel they're re-branding? I have looked at all the tv schedules and can't find any evidence of this new channel. However, I have noticed that Film Fest seems to have a very bizarre line up. Really, as long as they don't touch Monsters or Film Fest, I don't care. :D

E* needs to add Fox Business HD and Fox News HD
the channels they are going to carry are Stretch-o-Vision
that no sane person even watches!

I just got an email from Dish stating that my locals will be in HD (Hartford DMA) AND that these channels will be coming soon in HD (no need for 15 replies on what Dish means by "soon"), just passing on what I received from them:

ABC Family HD
• AMC HD
• BET HD
• The Biography
Channel HD
• Bravo HD
• Cartoon Network HD
• CMT HD
• Disney Channel HD
• ESPN News HD
• HBO2 HD
• IFC HD
• MGM HD
• MTV HD
• Nickelodeon HD
• WGN HD
• The Weather
Channel HD
• VH-1 HD

I received the same e-mail today for the Huntsville, AL DMA HD locals.

Who knows about tomorrow...:what

lowdown

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)