any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Easy, simple observation over a 8 year period. Also very familiar with the Omaha, Lincoln Nebraska market, the Jackson, MS market and the Twin City market. I also own Dish and Sat stock and get quarterly reports. By the way, I along with the local Fox channel, identified and cornered the encoder problem that Dish was having some time back with OTA transmission and Dish receivers. I am not a Idiot. Dish's Program Management team sent me a thank you award and jokingly offered me a job in their program management.
didn't want to imply anyone was an idiot 'cept maybe Dish. ;)

What will the HD picture quality be with 7 or 8 HD channels per transponder?..Right now, on 129, there are 6 to a transponder and the picture quality is soft and so-so right now. I hope it doesn't get worse because that would force people to jump ship even faster, myself included.
Are you sure those channels are on 129 ?

All the HD channels on 129 that I watch - Rave-HD, Equator-HD, Ultra-HD look better than ever - very clear fine detail. Certainly not soft.

So.... We may or may not get any new National HD channels this week. But we definitely will get to read more complaining. Shockingly enough, most of us will find a way to keep on living despite the severe hardships inflicted upon us by Dish :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Dish has a signed contract with WeatherChannel-HD.

WeatherChannel plans to start live HD broadcasts on June 2nd, so Dish has no reason to launch it before then.
Sure there is. Even though their live news broadcast are not in HD, they have several recorded series, specials, and programs in HD as well as they local on the 8's. All of their outdoor specials, most of their story specials, and most of their special reports are in HD.

Give us Fox News Channel

Dish Fox news channel is launching on May 1st, it is ready and fully hd, give us Fox to keep us going. I got Cnn hd and have watched it for over 20 hours, just cause its hd its nice to watch. I would love to watch fox new channel and fox business channel and since most of the shots are in studios with hd cams, it will be pure hd.

The fox gals are hot, and i like many of the personalities. More people watch fox over cnn.

Please give me my fox thursday. Also fox business channel, would be amazing to see our stock tickers in hd.

Of the HD channels listed that "may" be coming soon only a couple really interest me at all. More Cinemax channels would be good since I'm getting the package for a penny. I might watch some old shows on Nick at Nite but they won't be in HD anyway. The only good thing about adding these is maybe I could talk my wife into going with the HD only package.

I'll believe it when I see. I'm not upset that Dish hasn't added HD. I'm sick of hearing "leader in HD programming and DVR service" every time I call when I know Dish is at best 2nd rate as an HD programming provider, and they continue to act as if they're on schedule and flat out lying to customers about what they have/will have because it's almost as if they know if the truth is heard, many more customers would leave.

Don't worry Scott, I don't think anybody is blaming you for any of this. If they are then they are just flat wrong. What I don't understand is the local thing. Dish's customer base here in Memphis has eroded probably 50% over the past few months purely over local coverage. As more people panic over the DT switch over, it will probably get worse. I respect Charlie (I wouldn't want his job for what he gets paid), but it's time to let people know what is what. Loyal cutomers will understand. It's the feeling that no one knows or everything is a secret that is starting to get to me. The emails from the excutive office stating that no one knows when or if a certain thing will happen does not bring confidence to the table. As someone who has been a vice-president for a fortune 500 company, I will state point blank: someone better know.
I also live in the Memphis area and can't understand why smaller markets than this are getting locals sooner. I'm on my 3rd OTA and still get drop outs in all the HD signals especially when there's a little wind or drizzle. I also wonder if I get HD from LIL Dish and OTA if I will be able to record 2 local HD programs at once.

I also live in the Memphis area and can't understand why smaller markets than this are getting locals sooner. I'm on my 3rd OTA and still get drop outs in all the HD signals especially when there's a little wind or drizzle. I also wonder if I get HD from LIL Dish and OTA if I will be able to record 2 local HD programs at once.

If you have OTA and subscribe to locals you could record 3 shows at once, ie 2 from Sat and 1 from OTA

I think once the OTA Locals shut off analog and go digital and for people who dont have dish or cable will be S O L i know me for one would be S O L if i didnt have dish since i get locals from 3 states. and im about 60-80 miles from them

I think smaller markets may get added over larger markets with the idea that Dish will have an edge in those markets. Three years ago, neither Sat provider offered local SD (SD was all that was available anyway) here in Abilene, TX. Then, the local NBC affiliate wanted too much money from the local cable company (then Cox) so Cox quit carrying it. Very soon after that, Abilene's local SD became available from Dish despite being a very small market. Now we have 3 local HD channels and the local cable company (now suddenlink) carries all the SD channels but does not carry the available local ABC affiliate's HD channel. I wasn't all that surprised to see Abilene on Dish's list of LiL to add for April even though it was a small market because if they did so, they would be the only provider in town that offered all local channels. However, that hasn't happened yet and it's now May.

If you have OTA and subscribe to locals you could record 3 shows at once, ie 2 from Sat and 1 from OTA
I do that now. But if I get a lil HD and an OTA HD would I be able to record them both as well as an additional channel which is not OTA?

This is not good.

Just got an email from one of my good contacts informing me of no new national HD channels this week. :(

For once I hope this contact is wrong.
What makes this one "one of my good contacts"?
Can you give us "just one" example that one of your contacts ever got it right?

I'll believe it when I see. I'm not upset that Dish hasn't added HD. I'm sick of hearing "leader in HD programming and DVR service" every time I call when I know Dish is at best 2nd rate as an HD programming provider, and they continue to act as if they're on schedule and flat out lying to customers about what they have/will have because it's almost as if they know if the truth is heard, many more customers would leave.

With the addition of USA and SCIFI how far behind are they now? There aren't that many TRUE HD channels that we are missing and with VOOM (regardless of whether you like them or not) they are probably pretty close to Direct TV as far as national HD hours/day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)