any new HD rumors for 5.1.08?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
are there any new hd rumors for the possible 5.1.08 launch? any of the HD Channels showing any signs of life?

According to d1sh netwerk:

All channels will be available in HD! To enable.. Press the * button on yer remote until you see "Stretch" on your screen.

Thanks for being a d1sh netwerk customer.
-Charlie.

Seriously, I would't bet on any new National HD.

Wait a minute ... weren't we told that we would have "LOTS" of national HD channels by May 1st? And, that we should wait until then before we consider jumping ship?

I have a feeling, though, that because Sci-Fi & USA HD have been lit up that a lot of those who were going to "jump ship" are no longer planning on doing so.

Not one person addressed the question. Now if you believe Charlie (from the last chat) and Scott (His "inside" sources) then this coming Wednesday, April 30th through Friday, May 2nd should see a few National HD channels being lit up. Having said that, I will believe it when I see it. Until then its just..........."SOON." ;)

Take a listen to my explanation on this weeks Podcast. I explain it all.

With that said, its been quiet this week... in fact too quiet.

I have a feeling, though, that because Sci-Fi & USA HD have been lit up that a lot of those who were going to "jump ship" are no longer planning on doing so.

Your feeling is probably quite right. I'm very happy now with SciFi HD and USA HD and have no plans anymore to jump ship. Though I'd love to see more national HD, I'm more interested in Eastern Arc launching with its (assumed) improved picture quality.

Take a listen to my explination on this weeks Podcast. I explain it all.

With that said, its been quiet this week... in fact too quiet.

Is it a problem to just post the information? Some may not be in a position for Podcast, know how to get it or just plain would rather read their satellite news here.

Wait a minute ... weren't we told that we would have "LOTS" of national HD channels by May 1st? And, that we should wait until then before we consider jumping ship?

Don't confuse the thread with facts.

Don't forget: there is the ever-present "we were in fact going to light up 'LOTS' of channels by Wednesday but technical problems caused us to delay the launch. Hopefully 'next week'".

Last edited:
Is it a problem to just post the information? Some may not be in a position for Podcast, know how to get it or just plain would rather read their satellite news here.
I am in a meeting and checking the site in PDA mode. Too much for me to type. :)

There is nothing new to report past the lot's of HD by 5/1 we have already heard. - Not Scott's exact words, just what I came away with.

NightRyder

Last edited:
With the NBA and NHL seasons in playoff mode now, those sports channels are no longer playing anything so to reuse those for other channels is that a possibility. Also since those channels are already active would a "testing" period be required.

I agree with WaltinVT, some of us can't listen to podcast. i for one am at work, so i can jump online and check forum a few minutes, but I can't stop and listen to a 18 minute podcast. Can someone who has listen do the rest of us a favor and give a quick summary of the podcast?

Since the new antenna for Eastern Arc will be discussed at Team Summit, perhaps they will discuss EA & what's coming.

Status
Please reply by conversation.