Any New HMC news?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twodutys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Brighton, Co
I hope this rumors I'm hearing are false. I've read articles and post elsewere the the HMC was scraped. Please tell me this is not true! I've been on pins and needles since Jan 2005.

Also if it is still coming out will there be a lease option? And how much?

Thanks

When I had my last conversation with my contact, the HMC was still is going.

This was about 3 months ago.
At that time, it was still in development.

As of January, it was part of the Investors presentation.

ebonovic said:
When I had my last conversation with my contact, the HMC was still is going.

This was about 3 months ago.
At that time, it was still in development.

As of January, it was part of the Investors presentation.

lol your source is well know in office of president head dvr developer, oops he has been outed now

moqz1001 said:
lol your source is well know in office of president head dvr developer, oops he has been outed now

What the hell is your problem? I have now read 2 posts of yours that follow ebonovic and they are both very confrontational.

Why? You are adding nothing to this forum with your comments. Either participate and offer some assistance or zip it and let others contribute.

LXIX said:
What the hell is your problem? I have now read 2 posts of yours that follow ebonovic and they are both very confrontational.

Why? You are adding nothing to this forum with your comments. Either participate and offer some assistance or zip it and let others contribute.

1, Stopt your defaming statements, my statements are fact based and not confrontational.

2, you are obvious another directv " ?"

3, I do not care for shills who spin things and bend the truth, and i call a spade a spade ... meaning when i see baloney spewing from people who are bending facts, i set the record straight.

It's my understanding we'll see networkable SD/HD DVRs before the HMC. Could make the HMC obsolete in most cases. The Windows Vista delay is part of the problem. The new HD DVR will be the first with Windows interopability. Once Vista is out, the MS bastards will halt support for XP etc within a year. Makes it pointless to release a box without it being Vista compatible.

moqz1001 said:
1, Stopt your defaming statements, my statements are fact based and not confrontational.

2, you are obvious another directv " ?"

3, I do not care for shills who spin things and bend the truth, and i call a spade a spade ... meaning when i see baloney spewing from people who are bending facts, i set the record straight.

How did your post add anything constructive to the thread? Sounds like YOU have an axe to grind but of course we all work for directv :rolleyes:

moqz1001 said:
Do you have any documentation stating this, seeing no one is believing you ?

How does the phrase go....
At this time, I can not confirm or deny that statement

Either way... I had a conversation yesterday with him.
The HMC is still a viable product and is being worked on.
Nothing even close to a release date is available.

Their primary focus right now is the HR20, and getting some software updates to multiple different receivers....
Once that is complete, the HMC is the next "bad-boy" on the block.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts