Any news of Dish Network at CEDIA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Any mention at the booth of the Sling extender..to create their version of the Whole House HD DVR? I'm getting a little impatient...and don't want to have to pull the trigger on a move to Direct.

Any mention at the booth of the Sling extender..to create their version of the Whole House HD DVR? I'm getting a little impatient...and don't want to have to pull the trigger on a move to Direct.

Probably would have to ask someone one who was there. The article I linked too was the only one I could find at all about DISH at CEDIA. No mention of the extender, I was hoping that would have been mentioned in the article too.

I watched the video on GoogleTV and still didn't get it... the 922 could do all of that stuff before... (before it was released)

Not sure what you mean. 922 can't search for shows out on the internet and stream that content down to your TV. It's locked into only searching DISH provided services like what is delivered over satellite and DISH Online. You can't expand what it does with apps like Netflix. (Yet?) And it doesn't tie in the rest of your home theater setup and let you control everything from one box. Hell if you want to go crazy and have GoogleTV patched into a DirecTV box and a DISH box there's probably a way to do that too.

The 922 can Sling content and receive DLNA audio/video besides what's offered by DISH. There is some feature overlap between the 922 and GoogleTV, but I think it's enough to put the two boxes in separate categories since the 922 is a DISH provided box and GoogleTV can work with anything.

I watched the video on GoogleTV and still didn't get it... the 922 could do all of that stuff before... (before it was released)

It's called GREED Scott. DISH decided that they wanted more monthly fees and thus the new $4.00 google fee is born. Plus you would have to buy a google box from Best Buy to get access to it . DISH is all about the extra monthly "just because we can charge for it " FEES now. This is why I feel like I was duped into buying the 922. Based on what you were lead to believe during CES show last year , I made my decision to buy the 922. Looks like we were both duped. I am STILL WAITING for ARCHIVING to external hard drive feature to be activated!

So far the 922 had been a big disappointment to me . It is nice to have the playon application that allows me to do netflix and hula over my 922 ,but I had to have a stronger more expensive computer with more processing speed to be able to use it along with changing to more expensive internet service to get the bandwith needed to use sling. The kicker is that sling picture quality is still poor and non consistent. Sometimes hd comes in great and more than not it doesn't work with out pixelation and drop outs. The whole thing I wanted the 922 for ,was to be able to use the sling catcher /hd extender in my bedroom, so I could do hd on both hd tvs. Instead I gave up on that new box and paid another $7.00 a month to use a 211k in my bedroom instead.

I am fast losing any admiration I felt for Charlie and DISH /Echostar. They have become all about the excessive monthly fees and not about quality products. I will not be purchasing the google box or any new box from DISH for a good while. I feel I have upgraded at my own expense every year I wanted the best receiver. After the 922 experience I will not pay again. I get less features with the 922 than I had on my old 622 or 722k receivers.

Like Csi says every week in their opening theme song: DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!!:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)