Any news on Sprint 4G?

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
I know I've been reading a lot of rumors about it, but has anyone here heard any actual news that they'll be expanding their 4G service (specifically into the Detroit area) . With Sprint the only big provider left offering unlimited data, I'd be really interested to hear what they're planning on doing. I know, I know, some of you are probably thinking I should've went to Verizon before they got rid of their unlimited data plan, but I wanted to wait for the iphone 5 to come out (assuming it'll be 4G capable) as I've never used Android before and I also wanted to wait until I had a little more money in the bank. I'm currently just using AT&T GoPhone prepaid and my Samsung is only capable of EDGE speeds. Anyway, if anyone here knows anything about what's happening with Sprint 4G, I'd really like to know about it. Thanks.

stonecold said:
2. Sprint service sucks

3. there 3g is faster then there crappy wimax 4g

I have no trouble with Sprint service...and I seriously doubt any 3G service can compare to the 5-8Mb download speeds I routinely experience with their 4G. ;)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

My Sprint 3G is great, however the 4G service sucks bad.

When they first turned it on it worked GREAT here, and now I can barely get a signal no matter where I am at... everyone I know with an EVO says the same thing...

I was in Best Buy yesterday and even they were saying how bad the Clear service is here. (Clear provides Sprint the 4G service in our area.)

Scott Greczkowski said:
My Sprint 3G is great, however the 4G service sucks bad.

When they first turned it on it worked GREAT here, and now I can barely get a signal no matter where I am at... everyone I know with an EVO says the same thing...

I was in Best Buy yesterday and even they were saying how bad the Clear service is here. (Clear provides Sprint the 4G service in our area.)

Do you have Verizon LTE in your area? It has worked great for me.

Edit: yes it is.

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/06/pr2011-06-13.html

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

The latest rumor right now is that Sprint and LightSquared Inc signed a 15 year deal to build and expand a 4G LTE network, but we never heard any official word from Sprint itself.
Falcone
Also there have been a lot of somewhat strong rumors that the iphone would be coming to Sprint as well.

1. apple has not bought any 4g chipsets in mass yet so your sol on that

2. Sprint service sucks

3. there 3g is faster then there crappy wimax 4g

I just had to reply to this. I couldn't let it go. Congrats! That gets my award for most funniest thing I've read to date.

Sprint 3G
1388775333.png

Sprint 4G
1388779568.png

Taken this afternoon from the same exact location. My buddy was barley able to pull in 800Kb with Verizon.

Steve Mehs said:
I just had to reply to this. I couldn't let it go. Congrats! That gets my award for most funniest thing I've read to date.

Sprint 3G

Sprint 4G

Taken this afternoon from the same exact location. My buddy was barley able to pull in 800Kb with Verizon.

I couldn't pull 0kb with Barley. :haha

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barley

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

We have two 4G towers near me... in areas you don't go after dark though :)

3G...um...yeah... 50 kilobit is not 3G. Its been like that for over a year. Tons of tickets open...monthly discounts... tech support says fix in Dec 2011. So everyone I know with sprint roams of Verizon and racks up huge roaming bills. People have tried to get out of their contract by roaming too much but it hasn't worked. Guess they ignore it with all the tickets opened. You know its bad when you talk to the tech support guys in network support and they know the area very well since they hear about it multiple times each day.

sprint in my area is excellent both 3G and 4G. staying put. verizon and at&t been there done that. no thanks