Any notice to the 1st 12 markets yet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Barney

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
Just wondering if anyone in the 1st "group" has heard any "news" on the MPEG4 upgrade from D*.......letter, on your statement, etc......some news would be great!

Barney

gio164

gio164

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 14, 2005
I'm in the New York City area and I haven't heard a thing.

Barney

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
I've got friends in Dallas & Houston.....nothing yet. Seems strange....the beta testers haven't given any info here either........

Barney

L

lzjr

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Jan 11, 2005
Nothing here in Philly

T

Tonedeaf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Rockwall, TX
Nothing to report from Dallas area. I did get notice in the mail for 6.2 for my SD Tivo's though.

CWS_kahuna

CWS_kahuna

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
California
Nothing In Southern California to report either. I sure hope to hear something from D* soon.

C

Carter

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 28, 2004
Glendale, AZ
I live in the #15 market and the locals are already starting to uplink their HD channels to D*. No word on MPEG-4 swap out.

P.S. Bob Marsocci, Vice President, Communications for D* said an a e-mail to me that there is more national HD channels coming this year but he did not mention specifics...

Dog6869

Dog6869

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 28, 2004
New Orleans, LA
The only mpeg 4 Info I have is from a CSR from Direct they told me ( a csr and two Supervisors) told me that D had MEPG 4 Since Jan 2005. Plus by summer time they will have over 1,500 HD channels ....... I H U N G up on the S.O.B.'s LAUGHING my A** Off

Kentstater72

Kentstater72

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 18, 2004
North of Toledo
Not a D* sub yet, but can find no one in the Detroit area that is even aware of what is going to happen, much less has info on when.

ljp416jmp

ljp416jmp

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 2, 2004
No word here in the NYC DMA.......

slacker9876

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Dog6869 said:
The only mpeg 4 Info I have is from a CSR from Direct they told me ( a csr and two Supervisors) told me that D had MEPG 4 Since Jan 2005. Plus by summer time they will have over 1,500 HD channels ....... I H U N G up on the S.O.B.'s LAUGHING my A** Off
I hate to bust your chops but they did do their first live MPEG4 broadcast Jan 6, 2005 ... it was at CES only. :cool:

kryten98371

kryten98371

SatelliteGuys Family
Supporting Founder
May 19, 2004
Puyallup, WA
I'm in #12 (Seattle-Tacoma) and I've not heard anything yet. Hopefully, I'll still be in the top 12 when the rollout happens, although I can get my locals with an antenna. The only OTA station that I'm having problems with is KCPQ-13 out of Tacoma. It has a lot of rain fade problems. But... That's another subject. I digress.

Kryten

L

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
kryten98371 said:
I'm in #12 (Seattle-Tacoma) and I've not heard anything yet. Hopefully, I'll still be in the top 12 when the rollout happens, although I can get my locals with an antenna. The only OTA station that I'm having problems with is KCPQ-13 out of Tacoma. It has a lot of rain fade problems. But... That's another subject. I digress.

Kryten

You won't be top 12 because Tampa was picked as 12 instead of Seattle but you will have your HD locals very very close after the first 12 get theirs and I'm talking weeks after.

R

rabi

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
May 6, 2005
LonghornXP,
any idea how close Buffalo, NY would be to going active on the Spaceway fleet?

Thanks

S

steveval

May 6, 2005
SF,CA received email in response to requesting voom. it gave me the 12 cities that would be 1st to get it. deleted message before reading this :( you should be able to call or send email as i did

L

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
rabi said:
LonghornXP,
any idea how close Buffalo, NY would be to going active on the Spaceway fleet?

Thanks

I would say first half of 2006 but I would highly expect them in first quarter of 2006. As with anything new little problems could occur that have to be worked out which is why yours could take until the end of the first half but even with little setbacks here and there I don't see it taking longer than the end of February maybe very early March.

Status
Please reply by conversation.