Any notice to the 1st 12 markets yet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Barney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Kyle in Republic of Texas
Just wondering if anyone in the 1st "group" has heard any "news" on the MPEG4 upgrade from D*.......letter, on your statement, etc......some news would be great!

Barney

I'm in the New York City area and I haven't heard a thing.

I live in the #15 market and the locals are already starting to uplink their HD channels to D*. No word on MPEG-4 swap out.

P.S. Bob Marsocci, Vice President, Communications for D* said an a e-mail to me that there is more national HD channels coming this year but he did not mention specifics...

The only mpeg 4 Info I have is from a CSR from Direct they told me ( a csr and two Supervisors) told me that D had MEPG 4 Since Jan 2005. Plus by summer time they will have over 1,500 HD channels ....... I H U N G up on the S.O.B.'s LAUGHING my A** Off

Dog6869 said:
The only mpeg 4 Info I have is from a CSR from Direct they told me ( a csr and two Supervisors) told me that D had MEPG 4 Since Jan 2005. Plus by summer time they will have over 1,500 HD channels ....... I H U N G up on the S.O.B.'s LAUGHING my A** Off
I hate to bust your chops but they did do their first live MPEG4 broadcast Jan 6, 2005 ... it was at CES only. :cool:

I'm in #12 (Seattle-Tacoma) and I've not heard anything yet. Hopefully, I'll still be in the top 12 when the rollout happens, although I can get my locals with an antenna. The only OTA station that I'm having problems with is KCPQ-13 out of Tacoma. It has a lot of rain fade problems. But... That's another subject. I digress.

Kryten

kryten98371 said:
I'm in #12 (Seattle-Tacoma) and I've not heard anything yet. Hopefully, I'll still be in the top 12 when the rollout happens, although I can get my locals with an antenna. The only OTA station that I'm having problems with is KCPQ-13 out of Tacoma. It has a lot of rain fade problems. But... That's another subject. I digress.

Kryten

You won't be top 12 because Tampa was picked as 12 instead of Seattle but you will have your HD locals very very close after the first 12 get theirs and I'm talking weeks after.

LonghornXP,
any idea how close Buffalo, NY would be to going active on the Spaceway fleet?

Thanks

SF,CA received email in response to requesting voom. it gave me the 12 cities that would be 1st to get it. deleted message before reading this :( you should be able to call or send email as i did

rabi said:
LonghornXP,
any idea how close Buffalo, NY would be to going active on the Spaceway fleet?

Thanks

I would say first half of 2006 but I would highly expect them in first quarter of 2006. As with anything new little problems could occur that have to be worked out which is why yours could take until the end of the first half but even with little setbacks here and there I don't see it taking longer than the end of February maybe very early March.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)