any one used C-band on offset dish with lnbf / my CM 1.2m project

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't be supprised if Popcorn had to move the LNB further back to get the focal point correct

We have a winner! :) Yes, I had to move the LNB back further plus adjusted the brackets I created to focus the LNB as close to center as possible.

Last edited:
Actually by looking at his pictures a few posts above it looks like he has moved the LNB closer, but I will wait for him to respond. :)

These pictures were taken when I first installed the C/KU LNBF and the KU was terrible. Now the LNBF is back further. I will try to take new pictures and post ASAP.

I don't care if he sent it out and had it gold plated! - :eek:
I've never seen anyone claim they got Ku that good on one of those dual band LNBs.

I will be providing actual screenshots of signal quality on various C and KU band satellites to prove it.

Because KU band needs to be 3 times as accurate as C band the more I tweaked KU the better C was received and experienced less adjacent satellite interference on C band.

Also: tweak it in small increments, till it gets worse and then tweak it back one increment.

Harold

This is exactly what I did. :) Yes, I will provide front, back and side photos.

If I get time to test my $1 offset dish scalar ring and it works, I will take photos of that as well.

This is what I love about these discussions, experimenting and reporting results. I think many of us enjoy aiming and tweaking as much as sitting down and actually watching something.:)

Other than these forums, I learned most things by mistake. Experience is a good teacher.

Anole said:
I don't care if he sent it out and had it gold plated! - :eek:
I've never seen anyone claim they got Ku that good on one of those dual band LNBs.
I will be providing actual screenshots of signal quality on various C and KU band satellites to prove it.
In no way did I mean to suggest I didn't believe you.
I was just so excited that someone had finally found a solution! - :up

Most of what I've read about those dual band LNBs has been pretty negative from most users (on Ku band).
And that's from folks who seem to have a -lot- on the ball!

A few with big dishes have made casual comments like -they- didn't have any trouble, and don't know what the problem is.
But those have been few and far between.

hey popcorn,

when you take some more pictures how about a less zoomed shot. I'm having trouble seeing exactly how it's configured. I think what you have there is similar (though I can't really tell since I can't see the whole thing) to the dish sitting out in my backyard waiting for when I have time to set it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)