DSR922 Manufacture Date

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Velosity

Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Montana
I have spent hours searching the internet trying to find information on how to derive the manufacture date based on the unit serial number. I read it once some time ago and didn't write it down. I am sure someone out there knows how to read the serial number and can tell me. Since I just bought a used Motorola dsr922 off of Ebay I will be selling my 920 and wondered if you can read it the same way on a General Instrument reciever. So I guess I have 2 questions. Thanks so much for any information. I did find on Ebay that someone said it is the 7th digit in the serial number, is this true. That means mine was manufactured in 2004? (XXXX124XXXXXXXXX) I thought part of it indicated the month also. :confused:

The 7th digit is the year of manufacture. "4" would mean 2004. The 8th, 9th and 10 digits indicate the julian day on which the unit was manufactured in that year. Julian days are the numerical day of the year and run from 1 thru 365 (or 366 in leap years). If the number was 031, that would mean Jan 31. If the number was 053, that would mean Feb 22, and so on. Have fun.

The 7th digit is the year of manufacture. "4" would mean 2004. The 8th, 9th and 10 digits indicate the julian day on which the unit was manufactured in that year. Julian days are the numerical day of the year and run from 1 thru 365 (or 366 in leap years). If the number was 031, that would mean Jan 31. If the number was 053, that would mean Feb 22, and so on. Have fun.

Wow - thank you Hermitman. That would mean my dsr922 with a serial number of XXXXXX4293XXXXXX was manufactured around October 20, 2004 (figuring backwards). I guess I will wait on the battery replacement (reads 3.2v, label says 3v). I did replace my videocipher module since it says manufactured in 1993, still had like 3.2 volts, was pretty easy to change with Alan's webpage help VCII replacement the easy way . I have a similar module with the dsr922 I bought and will replace the battery in it and my GI dsr920 before I sell them together on Ebay.

Would this decipher on the serial number for my GI dsr920 - 0238017329XXXXXX work? So that would mean possibly November 25, 1997? :(

Thanks so much again for your information, I am sure others out there are grateful too.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts