any one used C-band on offset dish with lnbf / my CM 1.2m project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wouldn't be supprised if Popcorn had to move the LNB further back to get the focal point correct

We have a winner! :) Yes, I had to move the LNB back further plus adjusted the brackets I created to focus the LNB as close to center as possible.

Last edited:
Actually by looking at his pictures a few posts above it looks like he has moved the LNB closer, but I will wait for him to respond. :)

These pictures were taken when I first installed the C/KU LNBF and the KU was terrible. Now the LNBF is back further. I will try to take new pictures and post ASAP.

I don't care if he sent it out and had it gold plated! - :eek:
I've never seen anyone claim they got Ku that good on one of those dual band LNBs.

I will be providing actual screenshots of signal quality on various C and KU band satellites to prove it.

Because KU band needs to be 3 times as accurate as C band the more I tweaked KU the better C was received and experienced less adjacent satellite interference on C band.

Also: tweak it in small increments, till it gets worse and then tweak it back one increment.

Harold

This is exactly what I did. :) Yes, I will provide front, back and side photos.

If I get time to test my $1 offset dish scalar ring and it works, I will take photos of that as well.

This is what I love about these discussions, experimenting and reporting results. I think many of us enjoy aiming and tweaking as much as sitting down and actually watching something.:)

Other than these forums, I learned most things by mistake. Experience is a good teacher.

Anole said:
I don't care if he sent it out and had it gold plated! - :eek:
I've never seen anyone claim they got Ku that good on one of those dual band LNBs.
I will be providing actual screenshots of signal quality on various C and KU band satellites to prove it.
In no way did I mean to suggest I didn't believe you.
I was just so excited that someone had finally found a solution! - :up

Most of what I've read about those dual band LNBs has been pretty negative from most users (on Ku band).
And that's from folks who seem to have a -lot- on the ball!

A few with big dishes have made casual comments like -they- didn't have any trouble, and don't know what the problem is.
But those have been few and far between.

hey popcorn,

when you take some more pictures how about a less zoomed shot. I'm having trouble seeing exactly how it's configured. I think what you have there is similar (though I can't really tell since I can't see the whole thing) to the dish sitting out in my backyard waiting for when I have time to set it up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts