Any plans for Dish launching HD feeds of Pop TV and El Rey Network in the near future.

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
As a wrestling fan, the 2nd season of Lucha Underground will debut Sometime early next year on El Rey N and TNA Wrestling is moving it's flagship show Impact Wrestling from Destination America to Pop TV in January.

Since TNA Wrestling is currently in HD on Destination America's HD Feed, but it's ending it's run after next month.

I want to know (and yes i'm pulling a Bluegras), is there any plans for Dish to launch an HD feed for both Pop TV or are we gonna have to get used to SD for Lucha Underground again as well as TNA Wrestling.

If we aren't getting those 2 channels, that means only WWE and ROH Wrestling (in select TV markets) ate the only wrestling shows in HD on Dish starting next year.

Reactions: ComcastOgre
you have to request those channels to dish if you guys want them added in hd its like getting smithsonian channel hd to be added after so many people requested the channel.

I have given up requesting Smithsonian Channel. I would be happy with SD version.
in the uplink report for this week smithsonain channel is in hd scott said we will have the channel added in december.now all dish needs to do is to add some more such as this two year i found out we are missing about 40 hd channels minus the ones for our rsns in hd also that is about 41 more. i know in the future i hope dish would add more hd channels added to our lineup.directv what i heard will be adding all their hd channels added before the end of next year.and what i heard the date might be bumped up also.

Reactions: charlesrshell
in the uplink report for this week smithsonain channel is in hd scott said we will have the channel added in december.now all dish needs to do is to add some more such as this two year i found out we are missing about 40 hd channels minus the ones for our rsns in hd also that is about 41 more. i know in the future i hope dish would add more hd channels added to our lineup.directv what i heard will be adding all their hd channels added before the end of next year.and what i heard the date might be bumped up also.
Thanks bluegrass.

Reactions: bluegras
Well some unsettling news is that POPTV is owned by CBS/Viacom. Wasn't there a thread about possibly losing VIACOM channels in the future ? Anyways these two channels would be nice to have in HD (EL Rey more because of From Dusk to Dawn the series and Lucha Underground) BUT I just want to mention that the POP TV deal is a great deal for Impact Wrestling. Everyone is going by the channels nationwide subscriber numbers which are nice, since it's in 70million plus homes compared to Destinations Americas 59million homes. However POP TV is apparently in DISH Networks Welcome Pack vs. Americas Top 250 for Destination America. While not being in HD is a minus this gives Impact Wrestling a nice boost in potential eyeballs.

Pop TV has some original programming, I do wish it was in HD. It isn't a Vicom channel, it's part of Lion's Gate, with an agreement with CBS.

i would let dish know you guys if you want these channels remember the more requests the greater chances are you will be these two channels

Yes and no...

If they are not in contract negotiations for that channel at the time all the requests in the world won't mean anything. However if they are then it might help some. However most of the time the customers are not aware when they are in contract negotiations.

I have heard (but not sure) that El Ray is paying dish to be carried. Not sure if they have the $$$ to have DISH carry their HD signal.

Reactions: satjay
Yes and no...

If they are not in contract negotiations for that channel at the time all the requests in the world won't mean anything. However if they are then it might help some. However most of the time the customers are not aware when they are in contract negotiations.

I have heard (but not sure) that El Ray is paying dish to be carried. Not sure if they have the $$$ to have DISH carry their HD signal.
all i was doing is asking the question maybe folks want this channels these channels are on my list that need to be added.

all i was doing is asking the question maybe folks want this channels these channels are on my list that need to be added.
And at the same time, there are those that don't wish to waste the bandwidth on channels for the sake of something new for you to count. New channels should bring something of value to the table rather than simply eating up space in the guide and on the satellites.

I think we need to talk about offing a number of channels before we add new ones. Of the top of my head, I could think of about 10 that badly need to go away.

And at the same time, there are those that don't wish to waste the bandwidth on channels for the sake of something new for you to count. New channels should bring something of value to the table rather than simply eating up space in the guide and on the satellites.

I think we need to talk about offing a number of channels before we add new ones. Of the top of my head, I could think of about 10 that badly need to go away.
You figured out his secret identity. He is The Count from Sesame Street. He loves to count just for the sake of counting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)