Any plans for Dish launching HD feeds of Pop TV and El Rey Network in the near future.

As a wrestling fan, the 2nd season of Lucha Underground will debut Sometime early next year on El Rey N and TNA Wrestling is moving it's flagship show Impact Wrestling from Destination America to Pop TV in January.

Since TNA Wrestling is currently in HD on Destination America's HD Feed, but it's ending it's run after next month.

I want to know (and yes i'm pulling a Bluegras), is there any plans for Dish to launch an HD feed for both Pop TV or are we gonna have to get used to SD for Lucha Underground again as well as TNA Wrestling.

If we aren't getting those 2 channels, that means only WWE and ROH Wrestling (in select TV markets) ate the only wrestling shows in HD on Dish starting next year.
ROH is on DA right after TNA...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One other thing to add that I learned about requesting channels from DISH, is that no matter how many times you call, email, tweet, message etc Dish to add a channel, your request for that channel goes in the system ONCE. :)

Reactions: satjay and thomasjk
One other thing to add that I learned about requesting channels from DISH, is that no matter how many times you call, email, tweet, message etc Dish to add a channel, your request for that channel goes in the system ONCE. :)
that is true scott i finally figured that out you guys :)

Reactions: TheKrell
I have said this atleast 5 times in the last year.

Well some unsettling news is that POPTV is owned by CBS/Viacom. Wasn't there a thread about possibly losing VIACOM channels in the future ? Anyways these two channels would be nice to have in HD (EL Rey more because of From Dusk to Dawn the series and Lucha Underground) BUT I just want to mention that the POP TV deal is a great deal for Impact Wrestling. Everyone is going by the channels nationwide subscriber numbers which are nice, since it's in 70million plus homes compared to Destinations Americas 59million homes. However POP TV is apparently in DISH Networks Welcome Pack vs. Americas Top 250 for Destination America. While not being in HD is a minus this gives Impact Wrestling a nice boost in potential eyeballs.
While both are under Sumner Redstone's National Amusements parent company, CBS and Viacom are two separate companies (subsidiaries) with their own CEO's and separate channels and properties under them and don't have cross over agreements. CBS and Viacom negotiate separately for their respective channels and properties. So there hasn't been CBS[slash]Viacom for quite some time. As one example, Showtime was moved from Viacom to be under the CBS corp. Les Moonves RULES CBS and its holdings, but has no authority over Viacom's MTV, Comedy Central, etc. So, it is either a CBS OR Viacom.

ROH is on DA right after TNA...
ROH only has one more show on DA and then it moves to COMET TV on Dec. 2nd. Comet TV is a new OTA subchannel owned by MGM/Sinclair Broadcast Grp that is geared towards SciFi.

DishSubLA I didn't realize that but I am pretty sure most of the cable channels fall under the viacom umbrella.

That implies they're keeping a database of people's names against all the possible channel requests we could make. One wonders why they bother.

That implies they're keeping a database of people's names against all the possible channel requests we could make. One wonders why they bother.
I think they bother because some individuals who incessantly ask for channels will ask over a thousand times and skew the results. You know who you are..... ;)

Yes and no...

If they are not in contract negotiations for that channel at the time all the requests in the world won't mean anything. However if they are then it might help some. However most of the time the customers are not aware when they are in contract negotiations.

I have heard (but not sure) that El Ray is paying dish to be carried. Not sure if they have the $$$ to have DISH carry their HD signal.
Wasn't Pop (SD feed) part of the CBS deal last year? (Then again, so was Smithsonian, and that one is just now getting ready to be launched.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)