Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
I've gotten quite a few LNBFs for the Primestar 84e dishes I've aquired. I noticed today that I have three different feedhorns and at least three different LNBs. I knew about the LNBs but not the feedhorns.

IMG_20160401_133829_628.jpg
IMG_20160401_133857_973.jpg
IMG_20160401_133907_952.jpg
IMG_20160401_133916_866.jpg
IMG_20160401_133925_281.jpg
IMG_20160401_133933_363.jpg

Which one goes to the 84e dish? I'm guessing the middle size goes to the 84e. If the smallest one goes with the 75e I can understand how I came to acquire them. The largest one has me stumped. Was their a larger Channel Master elliptical dish?

I'll play with the different feedhorns tomorrow to see if one performs better than the others on an 84e dish.

I'll play with the different feedhorns tomorrow to see if one performs better than the others on an 84e dish
That's what I'd do.
I got a 'feeling' that they'll all perform equally. Just different designs to accomplish the same result. BUT I may be wrong.(small and middle have the same P# by the looks of it.) Looks like the small one has grooves like a C band scalar while the others are the classic 'stepped' design.(with no grooves)
Yeah, there's larger offset designs in their repertoire, but none are elliptical, that I know of.

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST
That's what I'd do.
I got a 'feeling' that they'll all perform equally. Just different designs to accomplish the same result. BUT I may be wrong.(small and middle have the same P# by the looks of it.) Looks like the small one has grooves like a C band scalar while the others are the classic 'stepped' design.(with no grooves)
Yeah, there's larger offset designs in their repertoire, but none are elliptical, that I know of.
Thanks for the input.

I tested the range of LNBs I had on the different feed horns. The middle sized one worked the best, a hair better than the small one. The large one with the circular front projection was significantly off from the two elliptical.

I have a couple old H & V split LNBs that also have the circular feed horns. They were about 25% better than the large one too. It may be the case of the vertical LNB matching better with the round feed horn.
uploadfromtaptalk1459624719582.jpg

Sent from a phone, probably while I'm driving over the speed limit through a school zone with construction workers present.

THEORETICALLY they work the same regardless. I've had multiple "eliptical" dishes over the years including the 75e & 84e primestar dishes

Here are a couple pics. As you can see in the 1st pic is the "hanging down" LNB (like what is in the previous pic) and the one that looks like the right one in the top pic
2nd one you'll see the left dish has a different LNB

000_0347.jpg
000_0355.jpg
000_0356.jpg
000_0357.jpg

Also really existing LNB with a "gutted" case behind the LNB eye will work too (if you didnt have other LNB's)
you have to fabricate something to hold it on though ;)
(the LNB on the right was a DBS one....forget what it was aimed at.....probably 110 DBS)

000_0427.jpg
000_0428.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)