Any Room DVR?

raymo721

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2005
Front Range, Colorado
Told my Comcast CSR that I was thinking of getting a Tivo 4 tuner DVR. He then mentioned their Any Room DVR, which I had never heard of. Searched the Xfinity site and got a page with a little info but nothing about recording capacity. Can any body shed a little light on this DVR? Quality, Capacity, etc?

First of all it depends on whether your area is a Motorola or Scientific Atlanta based region to determine whether or not anyroom is even available to you. So maybe check with a neighbor that has comcast what manufacturer their equipment is. Moto is the ARDVR atm. How it works is you get 1 dvr. Only that tv can schedule recordings and pause/play live tv. The dvr WILL have TWO tuners. not 4 like the tivo, and basically when you hit the mydvr button on your additional tvs, you can see the playlist from your dvr. and you can obviously watch recordings (once they are recorded) from anyroom with a compatible box. Its not all its cracked up to be, somewhat difficult to install, and D* 's anyroom setup puts ours to shame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)