Any rumors of Voom on DTV?

Direct move for more HD - i doubt it

Ruppert don't care, don't give a rats a%$, he will continue to do what he always has done - blame whoever is in charge at the time for low stock prices and poor numbers of new subscribers & get rid of them but won't change diddly. New birds won't mean anything either. Sad part is that he could have the best to give to us but just don't care. He made a comment a few years back that HD isn't the thing of the future but 3D will be. I've sat waiting for the D* bus for 2 years from him but there just isn't one beaming to my location or any other location. My HD dish for D* is still up on the roof waiting for something that will never come. I think I have a better chance of hitting Mega-Millions than getting a great HD package from Rupperts D*.

I have been back and forth with Cable, D*, E* & V* and sometimes had two at the same time.
Now at present I re upped with D* to replace V* and getting Cable back because of a good offer and they have my RSN's in HD.
So I will be keeping D* and Cable for now until I get a E* HD rec. on Ebay than I will drop D*.
What I am getting at is I didn't even get my first bill with D* and I'm looking to bail to E* for there content.
So what every body is saying about E* getting sub's etc. holds true for me.

Dtv

I've got to say, I'm not very convinced DTV will do anything with Voom programming. It would certainly be the right thing to do for their subs but they haven't done much in the way of HD thus far. Oh sure, they're builing/launching sats but for HD locals. I've complained for years about their lack of support for HD.

Anyhoooo...

With that said, the reason I went back to DTV (after Voom) was NFL Sunday Ticket. They have it and nobody else does. Honestly, if it weren't for that, I'd have switched to Dish long ago. Then again, enough people don't like Dish either so I'm not sure you can ever get the right provider...

I saw some things posted about Dish offering an HD Pack for like $30 a month. I may check into that and see exactly what you get with that. I'd consider picking that up, however, I understand you need two dishes for this, which would mean an additional dish (still have the Voom dish up there I'm guessing it would be one of the 2 required by Dish for their HD Pack) on my roof for a total of 3. Well, I don't normally care about that but I'd have 3 dishes with an OTA antenna. That's a bit too much even for me. So I'm not even sure I'll do that.

I'm also concerned with what they are offering with their HD Pack. From what I understand they took some of the Voom exclusives but none of the other movie channels (i.e. TMC HD, StarzHD, etc.). I really miss those channels. When I originally signed up with Voom I didn't do the VaVaVoom package because I never really watched the movie channels much. Then I found myself wanting to see some of the stuff they were broadcasting so I upgraded. Now I really miss them since DTV only offers HBO HD and Showtime HD (not East/West feeds either). So, although I enjoyed some of the Voom originals, I'm not sure I'd want to add another Dish and another $30 a month just for them. I'll have to compare if it comes down to that.

Anyway, I can still hope DTV will come to their senses and actually offer us some real HD...

The Rickster

Well, D* is rumored to be making some big announcement in June.

Not sure they planning on anything new with D8, sounds like a replacement and utilities. Spaceways won't help any without new hardware.

Can't remember the schedule for D9 and D10, seems like they are one to two years away.

If it is going to be two years before significantly more HD content is added, I will probably switch to E*. D* dropping TiVo will also affect my decision, I think that they will go for the lowest common denominator with their new DVRs.

The HMC might be a good product, but that is not anytime soon. If it is no more reliable than the HR10-250 I would not consider it.

I think D* will blow E* out of the water sometime in the near future...I hope. Yes E* has the upper hand at the moment but i dont think what E* did is the answer to the HD problems. I think D* will become the better HD provider in the future. I just hope that when they have their HD lineup ready they dont tease us with say 2 HD channels per month and eventually build up their HD content. I wanna see a whole channel linueup of HD, were talking over 100 channels if not more of HD..I wanna see my BYU channel and my damn church channel in HD...lol, i want it all. And according to D*'s commercials they are listening to their customers. So listen to this!!!!!

I would prefer to see D* and E* remain competitive, rather than E* being blown out of the water.

It appears that the 1500 HD channels are LILs. I would say that their next priority is sports.

I have no interest in either of these.

HDwonderer said:
There is some good news for June maybe. I am trying to get ok to post the personal link from another member. In the interm I would say wait!
-scott

Update: Check this link for the info

that link looks just like vooms lineup!!!! Very cool, i almost can pretend I am still watching voom if it happens....

New poll for june.... Which provider will you go with after vooms fallout and then you switched to E* and now you have this from DTV.....LOL

phatbastard said:
New poll for june.... Which provider will you go with after vooms fallout and then you switched to E* and now you have this from DTV.....LOL

My head is going to explode if I have to process this.

Reading all your post is killing me. (funny way). Just remember that anything D* will do will have to answer only one question and no other. Will this next move allow us to take the lead back ASAP? If the ideas you all come up with don't answer that, then it will not be an idea exicuted. In the end only time will tell us. I for one am giving D* until the end of June 05. And as far as any board member (CEO or other) blaming problems on someone else, that would be hard to do right now with the third big phase of Dish companies now in full swing. EVERYONE is watching EVERY move. One last thing to remember. D* has no choice but to put every avalable $ and personel on the HD project and new satellite setup.

-scott

Just remember one thing

Reading all your post is killing me. (funny way :) ). Just remember that anything D* will do will have to answer only one question and no other. Will this next move allow us to take the lead back ASAP? If the ideas any of you come up with don't answer that, then it probably will not be an idea executed. In the end only time will tell us. I for one am giving D* until the end of June 05. And as far as any board member (CEO or other) blaming problems on someone else, that would be hard to do right now with the third big phase of Dish companies now in full swing. EVERYONE is watching EVERY move. One last thing to remember. D* has no choice but to put every available $ and personnel on the HD project and new satellite setup.

-scott

HDwonderer said:
I for one am giving D* until the end of June 05.
-scott

Thats exactly the date I am giving them to. If they havent announced any plans by then I have to drop their HD PAck for 10.99 and pick up Dish Nets for 20 bucks. Its really a no brainer....9 bucks more a mth for 14 more HD ch's. The more I write this the more I want to just make the move now. But I'm thinking that Direct has to do something here. Hope they dont prove me wrong.

I decided to not join the E* bandwagon for now.. I switched to D* after vooms boom and after knowing of voom21 going to E*. I too will wait and see what happens until june or july...

vinnyv07 said:
Thats exactly the date I am giving them to. If they havent announced any plans by then I have to drop their HD PAck for 10.99 and pick up Dish Nets for 20 bucks. Its really a no brainer....9 bucks more a mth for 14 more HD ch's. The more I write this the more I want to just make the move now. But I'm thinking that Direct has to do something here. Hope they dont prove me wrong.

phatbastard said:
I decided to not join the E* bandwagon for now.. I switched to D* after vooms boom and after knowing of voom21 going to E*. I too will wait and see what happens until june or july...

Right on. How can we not wait? If there is a chance and most indicators show D* will take back over and we all know that VoOm-21 should be an option, how can we get locked in to 1 or 2 years with E*?

-scott

I doubt it as in the earnings call the just announce that Dishnetwork now owns part of Voom. It is a smaller non controlling part.

ScottChez said:
I doubt it as in the earnings call the just announce that Dishnetwork now owns part of Voom. It is a smaller non controlling part.

Why would this cause doubt. They are noncontrolling. If Cablevision, controlling member sees and opportunity to sell it to Direct, they will do it. Hell, Direct may even end up with a little slice of equity. If the companies gain equity they will push the Voom channels, win win for everyone.

speedyray said:
Why would this cause doubt. They are noncontrolling. If Cablevision, controlling member sees and opportunity to sell it to Direct, they will do it. Hell, Direct may even end up with a little slice of equity. If the companies gain equity they will push the Voom channels, win win for everyone.
That is an interesting thought. We have got to find a copy of that agreement with E*. Still going to give D* until end of June though.

-scott

Knowing Charlie and how he is so cut through, I bet there is a Dish Network Exclusive clause in there for a while.

We need to see that contract, they are a publicly traded company so I would think it would be known in a 10 - k filling someday.

No telling how long it is, maybe till the Rainbow dish is transfer/sold or something.

Plus I still thing DIrect TV will make there own Voom package using the FOX Content that there parent company owns- by xmas.

If D* can't get VoOm and they do do their own channel lineup, I hope that they follow the VoOm format. The interest specific stations of VoOm are what I believe we all liked most about VoOm. It was simple and fit the mood you/I had at any specific time.

-Scott

Wonder if anyone setting the direction of D* reads this stuff we right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts