Any rumors on a BD launch at Target?

WalksInDarkness

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Aug 17, 2005
Kekistan
Any rumors on a BD launch at Target? I know there were all kinds of press releases saying Target was going to be BD exclusive, and would be launching players on endcaps for the holiday season; however, I haven't heard a peep in months. I want to get an economical BD player to go format neutral, and I am hoping Target might be the ticket. Even if they do a wacky fire sale like wally-world it would work for me, there are 3 Targets within 15 minutes of my house, and another 2 minutes from my work.

TIA!

They are not going 100% exclusively Bluray. They are only going to carry bluray players and Sony paid them for end cap space so Bluray will have a better presence then HD-DVD but they are still selling hd-dvd movies. It also does not apply to their website or the 360 hd-dvd player.

I think there is a good chance there will be BD players under $399 (latest PS3) this year...
Although BDA downplays the effect the $99 sale of A2s had, I believe they will counter it.
BD insider KJack keeps hinting what a great deal of business they (Sigma Design) have going in China...

Diogen.

I was in my local Target the other day. They made more space for HD/BD discs (looks like a 60:40 split in favor of BD) but NO machines. Not even stocked. And the electronics area is small enough so I don't see where they're gonna put it

The Blu display at my Target is not even an end cap, it on the backwall by the TV wall, but the movies are way on the opposite side across the aisle, right behind the Transformer endcap with HD-DVDs

Target seems to be content taking Sony's endcap money. Kmart is whining that no one bought any endcaps from them.

I take it Target is not willing to lose $200/player to make that featureless, slow S300 attracively priced.

Ive seen some pictures of the Target end caps, not really that big of a deal.

To me that story was another in this competition that has been just blown out of the water and used by one side as an artillery shell when it was really only a pellet.

The new story of the week is the "Kmart is pro HDDVD"

There are some rumours on my local costco they are going to have BD-players on sale this black friday.

Still no real activity with the Sunday sales. BB & CC are listing the Samsung unit at $399 now, but a $100 discount is laughable. Target is still showing the Sony 300 listing at $499. However, they are now advertising the "Venturer" HD-DVD at $249...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts