Any Rumors on HD Additions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gator5000e

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Curious if anyone has heard any rumors on D* adding any HD channels? Local cable company, Brighthouse has just announced TNT-HD will be added to the lineup on Friday. I know D* just launched the new bird but would be nice if they announced something so we had something to look forward to.

Thanks.

No announcements on anything new and if D* follows past history there will be no leaks until they make the official announcement.

Until 7S is done testing D* dosen't have space available for adding be patient about another month then you will see announcements.

INHD has been hinting to me in recent e-mails I have sent them, that they are currently in talks with both Voom and DirecTV for carrige of their stations. wouldn't be surprised if we see INHD 1 &2 up on Voom in a few weeks.

While the addition of INHD would be ok, it offers nothing really special. I am hoping for HD movie channels, like VOOM offers, such as HBO West HD, MAX east/west HD, SHO West HD, TMC East/West HD and Starz East/West HD. Also a couple of sports HD channels would be nice, but the movie channels are really what I would like to see. I would consider adding VOOM but for what I want, paying $60-80 a month more for 5-6 HD movie channels is not really worth it. My local Brighthouse cable provider just added TNT-HD so maybe it will come to D* soon.

BTW, thanks for the link, Slacker.

Gator: why do you think adding Starz, Max, Showtime, TMC, and HBO won't add to your bill?
And if you already pay for all those channels, what is in it for D*?
Why wouldn't D* want to add TNT and Bravo to their HD lineup before adding channels only a small percentage of folks will pay extra for?
Even if they added ABC and NBC (only in O&O areas) the chances are those 20-25% would use the channels far more than pay movie channels.
Juan: InHD 1 and 2 are not pay channels.)

How much space will be freed up via 7S? Won't they just fill the new space with more market locals?

fredfa: Sorry if I was not clear. I have no idea if D* will charge extra for the HD versions of the premium movie channels. My inartfully made point was to get these premium HD movie channels I could get VOOM but I would have to pay at least $60-$80 more a month. I'm not sure that is worth it.

If D* charges me $60-80 a month more for the HD premium movie channels (I get all the movies channels right now), then I probably won't pay that. If and when D* adds these channels, I will gladly pay a "reasonable" fee for the HD stations.

As for why D* would want to add these channels before TNT and Bravo HD, I don't know. From other posts on this and the AVS forums, it is clear TNT has little other HD programming now other than basketball. That might change when later on. But the movie channels all have HD material right now. I'm betting that people who have D*'s HD package now will pay a little extra to get the other HD movie channels. It would be nice if they did it like with HBO and SHO - if you have basic HBO or SHO subscription the HD stuff is not extra - but right now I don't know what to expect. I would only like to see HD movie channels added that are out there, available and providing HD content.

Gator5000e said:
fredfa: Sorry if I was not clear. I have no idea if D* will charge extra for the HD versions of the premium movie channels. My inartfully made point was to get these premium HD movie channels I could get VOOM but I would have to pay at least $60-$80 more a month. I'm not sure that is worth it.
QUOTE]

How much is your D* now? Just curious. why will voom be so much more?

I won't pay extra!
Being paying 10.95 a month for over a year for 3 HD channels now..........that's why I'm leaving!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)