Any Shaw Direct Brokers? (1 Viewer)

NGeorge

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 23, 2004
Olympia, WA
I'm curious if anyone knows of any Shaw Direct brokers? All the links I've been able to suss out seem to have went dead a few years ago after their big satellite switch - - although I'm still in range of everything.

solarvic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 17, 2019
Hadley, pa.
The one I had quit communicating with me and mine got shut down because I had no one to take care of account. I did without till I got Orby. I do not like how dish and att make you have to pay for each tv so have decided I do not need satelite tv except for fta satelite and fta with ota tv and friendly tv from the internet.

showtime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 9, 2012
BC
Way better and cheaper to get an android tv box and IPTV. You can get channels from Canada, US and the UK as well as movies and tv series for $15 a mth.

Reactions: pacificrim

joshuals

SatelliteGuys Pro
Anyone considering Shaw Direct in the US should read the following bulleting.

https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Documents/2021/mar/8/Relocation of Signals.pdf

Currently only one of their satellites (Anik F2) covers the entire US and that satellite is nearing its end-of-life. Shaw is currently moving channels from to their newest satellite, Anik G1, that covers only the most northerly portions of the US.

modefan63

Jan 23, 2013
los angeles
Way better and cheaper to get an android tv box and IPTV. You can get channels from Canada, US and the UK as well as movies and tv series for $15 a mth.
hi showtime will this canada android box work in los angeles after all the shaw stations get shout down downhere and whow do i buy it from does Kusat sell it thats who i bought shaw from Evan Hale in Pl,aya Del Rey California

Reactions: showtime

stonemountain

Jan 6, 2014
Georgia
Thanks for posting this information. The channels listed as transitioning do not represent all the channels currently being transmitted on F2, so F2 is apparently not being completely abandoned. Yet...

showtime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jul 9, 2012
BC
hi showtime will this canada android box work in los angeles after all the shaw stations get shout down downhere and whow do i buy it from does Kusat sell it thats who i bought shaw from Evan Hale in Pl,aya Del Rey California
Yes it will work any where you have a good internet connection. Give me a PM.

Also F2 still has maybe 5 to 8 years of life yet they tell us and chances of the replacement reaching south is pretty slim. :(

Users who are viewing this thread