Any Star Trek Movies in HD?

yardline

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Have any of the Star Trek movies been shown in HD on the movie channel's in the past, or are there any plans to do do in the future? Thanks.

If you want some good parody of Shatner's acting, check out the Futurama episode called "Where No Fan Has Gone Before". :D

If you want some good parody of Shatner's acting, check out the Futurama episode called "Where No Fan Has Gone Before". :D

Wasn't that part actually voiced by Shatner himself? If I remember right, they had most of the actual actors doing it. (speaking of Futurama - can't wait for the new Futurama movies to come out!!!!!)

They had everyone except for Scotty (he wouldn't do it) and Bones (He's dead Jim) on that Futurama episode. Still one of my favorites.

You know, Ive always wondered if it was that he wouldn't do it, or if it was because of the Alzheimer's. That was filmed way back before he went public with it.

If you look carefully, the one line that Ricker says was voiced by him also. "Front row"

First ever slogan on the Internet was " Only Even Numbered Star Trek Movies Do Not Suck ! "

Well, I really liked Star Trek IX: Insurrection; but yes, its generally been true. Wrath of Kahn, Journey Home, Undiscovered country, and First Contact were all excellent.

But even bad star trek is still good. :D

FYI, Star Trek II, Wrath of Kahn will be on 1cent Cinemax in HD in August. Best Trek Ever.

Best line that makes me think of calling Dish Support:

Spock (after Space Station Regula does not return Enterprise's communications) "There are two possibilities - They are unable to respond; They are unwilling to respond."

Have any of the Star Trek movies been shown in HD on the movie channel's in the past, or are there any plans to do do in the future? Thanks.

Maybe when the new movie is closer to coming out you may see more of them on TV although a Blu-Ray release for all 10 is planned for May '09.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)