Any Update on New DVR?

Sooo....

Any idea of timing yet when the DVR will be out?

The DVR sounds like a close replacement to our JVC PVR.

We used SkyAngel for our family and ministry functions. The kids are getting (really) tired of the same TVU shows for the 100th time. We are hoping JCTV (or something similar) will fill the gap.

Thanks,

Bruce - Roxtreme
The silence is causing some suspicion on my part. Glorystar has not done a good job keeping us appraised of the latest on this. I would have expected at least weekly updates instead of the silent treatment.

Glorystar has not done a good job keeping us appraised of the latest on this. I would have expected at least weekly updates instead of the silent treatment.

no offence but why should they? I think they have done a good job with updates but weekly? come on....

they're in a no-win situation

if they say it will be out X day and it isn't,...people will gripe because they "didnt live up to their word"
but if they do the "silent treatment" then people think they are abandoning them by not giving updates.

In all seriousness what would you like....a box that was rushed to the market half assed working? Or one that may have taken a while but works the way it should.

Believe me...I've dealt with the 1st one way too many times with FTA boxes. Software not working right...motor functions not working...satellite software not even built in the box (only OTA). I'd like to see a quality product come to the market and work the way it should.

I have seen the box, and watched it work, a week and a half ago. One of the signal providers changed something on the way they put up their signal, which required a change in the programing, which is delaying the release date; but probably not past the projected release date of July 7, 2008. My interpretation - probably wrong was that the PVR function of competing boxes may not work for that network... But this one will as delivered. The crew was busy. Loading software AND CHECKING EVERY RECEIVER FOR FUNCTION, takes time.
POP

No, I do NOT work for Glorystar, I am a customer / new dealer. I will be making my order up on Monday.

LOL!!! Elder, you certainly have an active imagination! No conspiracy theory. One week of not posting certainly shouldn't suggest that Satellite Guys are getting the "Silent Treatment". Not sure where the concept originated that Glorystar had signed up to provide weekly updates!

The DVR1100c is in our warehouse, final firmware is installed, and the manual is being printed after a major GUI rework to facilitate one of our broadcast partners. The product isn't on our website as I haven't had enough time to complete the item description and our staff is just completing their training on the product features, operation, trouble shooting and installation.

We feel that it would not be in anyones best interest to sell a product with an uneducated support team and we can not risk having to provide excessive telephone support due to menu changes not properly documented in the Install Guide / Owners Manual.

We are learning ...... it probably is better not to provide insider information in the future of product development. If you want to be privy to information, support us in our decision to let Satellite Guys inside the process.

Not sure where the saying originated, "Ignorance is Bliss", but I have an idea why it may have been suggested. ;)

The silence is causing some suspicion on my part. Glorystar has not done a good job keeping us appraised of the latest on this. I would have expected at least weekly updates instead of the silent treatment.

We used SkyAngel for our family and ministry functions. The kids are getting (really) tired of the same TVU shows for the 100th time. We are hoping JCTV (or something similar) will fill the gap.

Thanks,

Bruce - Roxtreme
There are several providers of youth programs working with Glorystar that the kids seem to {1} enjoy - and they will {2} get the WORD from them, which I think is equally important. :hungry:

Personally, after geting our first system up and running, I found we needed more TV's going and sometime on different channels (TBN, Daystar and Cornerstone). So, I bought two more receivers and they are usually on the same sat and polarity so the loop thru would have worked fine (except they are in separate buildings which made loop through impossible so my setup is more complicated). My DVR will be an additional receiver, and would not need any changes from the normal. So, if you can not get the DVR this next week, consider getting the Mercury II now and add the DVR later. :)

POP

I didn't intend to offend anyone, but I have been marking my calendar since February and it went something like this with some info enticed by only someone's prodding as I recall. 2/5; 6 to 7 weeks, 3/29; May 15, 5/5; May 15, 5/14; June 15, 6/19; next few weeks. Sure no one guaranteed weeklies, but remember I said I would have expected weekly updates. Should I have said as a potential customer that has been waiting since February weekly updates would have been a nice teaser to keep me hooked? Estimates can be revised, but no news is not always good news.

Point well taken! :up
I didn't intend to offend anyone, but I have been marking my calendar since February and it went something like this with some info enticed by only someone's prodding as I recall. 2/5; 6 to 7 weeks, 3/29; May 15, 5/5; May 15, 5/14; June 15, 6/19; next few weeks. Sure no one guaranteed weeklies, but remember I said I would have expected weekly updates. Should I have said as a potential customer that has been waiting since February weekly updates would have been a nice teaser to keep me hooked? Estimates can be revised, but no news is not always good news.

Thanks for the feedback about youth oriented programs.

I really wish TVU was on GloryStar, but some of the programs on JCTV look like suitable replacements. Unfortunately, they are on at hours when there is no one around the ministry (Roxtreme.com - extreme sports oriented bike and skate park outreach) and we will need to record them.

There are probably ways other than with a DVR, but managing it would be the challenge.

Roxtreme has literally no budget for the Sky Angel replacement, so I guess we shouldn't be in such a hurry for the DVR to come out, but just knowing the release price will be a start.

Some of the kids want to try a fund raiser so they can have something when a storm comes through and they are dropped off with no where else to go and nothing else to do.

God Bless,
Bruce - Roxtreme

There are several providers of youth programs working with Glorystar that the kids seem to {1} enjoy - and they will {2} get the WORD from them, which I think is equally important. :hungry:

Personally, after geting our first system up and running, I found we needed more TV's going and sometime on different channels (TBN, Daystar and Cornerstone). So, I bought two more receivers and they are usually on the same sat and polarity so the loop thru would have worked fine (except they are in separate buildings which made loop through impossible so my setup is more complicated). My DVR will be an additional receiver, and would not need any changes from the normal. So, if you can not get the DVR this next week, consider getting the Mercury II now and add the DVR later. :)

POP

So far what I have done, and for me without commercial power, it is more difficult than normal, is to leave the receiver on, and put the dvd recorder on a timer. I leave the tv off since it draws at least 50 watts. The VCR draws too much current for the inverter. I think the burner draws more current than I thought it would as recording time before power loss was less than a full disk it it appeared to not be "finished". The 3 rca red, white, yellow works good for recordings of less than 2 hours off the timer when I am here.

Thanks for the feedback about youth oriented programs.

I really wish TVU was on GloryStar, but some of the programs on JCTV look like suitable replacements. Unfortunately, they are on at hours when there is no one around the ministry (Roxtreme.com - extreme sports oriented bike and skate park outreach) and we will need to record them.

There are probably ways other than with a DVR, but managing it would be the challenge.

Roxtreme has literally no budget for the Sky Angel replacement, so I guess we shouldn't be in such a hurry for the DVR to come out, but just knowing the release price will be a start.

Some of the kids want to try a fund raiser so they can have something when a storm comes through and they are dropped off with no where else to go and nothing else to do.

God Bless,
Bruce - Roxtreme
The future of our nation and the world is in the hands of the kids, your efforts are commendable! This website has the testimony of Abby, a teen I know on a mission trip. http://www.breakingchristiannews.com/articles/display_art.html?ID=5521
Can we designate a donation on your website? I can do $50 maybe if others would do something we could make it possible for Roxtreme to have Glorystar.

I got mine!

Did you get yours yet? I got mine today, Brian decided to ship the units without the bound manual, since we want our receivers and the unbound, printed manuals are availible, but are missing only the specifications pages...:eureka.
And I do not care too much about those pages yet. As I get used to the unit, I may want all the specs. I am sure those will be avaiable on the website, or maybe even here as a PDF as soon as he gets time. As he said, it is better to have the CSR's trained before shipping - and the manuals are delayed - not sure if he said at the printer -- I think he said manufacturer.

WOW. Setup is a dream - and the built in spectrum anilizer is just one MORE WOW:D

I may comment more later, but this setup is closer to plug and play than the Mercury II.

Nothing happening for me, I am to be a new customer and dutifully visit the Glorystar website every day but nothing has shown up yet. Maybe tomorrow!

SatelliteGuys get inside information ;) We get to order and check out new things sometimes before the General Public gets them. We ae post-beta testers! This is partly because we have a "family" here to helps us get through any questions or problems. This is, by title, a support forum for Glorystar, not a general sales forum. You can preorder the system before it is anounced to the public - however, shipping has started, so preorders are now live orders. There are small drawbacks, sometimes, like 2 pages not printed out and the manual not bound, but I feel Speth-thel --- Suggestions are still being made, and received - there may be an addition to the shipping package, I believe because of a suggestion from another preorder customer.
But again, I am a customer, and a dealer. I do not work for Brian, so I do not get any extra "insider stuff". As a side note, The Glorystar package seems to be getting narrowed down to a very "Standard" package, the options from our view are the standard fixed system, motorized option and bigger dish (1.2M), as of now. Is an internal hard drive for DVR really desirable?
[[[[Brian is holding his cards close to his chest on some things in the works]]]]]] (Can you think rack mount?) or One of my suggestions - other selectable TV channel for output so you can use multi receivers fed into one cable thoughout the house or property. (Check out the system for prisons with TBN, but get it for home use!)

Wow, that is a very generous offer. That would be incredible.

Roxtreme is a new ministry and although God has provided many resources, funds are not among them. We had SkyAngel by default from a lifetime subscription purchased years ago. When it when dark it was a little frustrating, but we had the DVR, so we had a ton of videos (maybe 30 hours worth) recorded and it was no big deal...

but, the same videos can get old after many (many) views especially for students - kids. The summer came and most everything happening at Roxtreme was/is outside, but it is always good to have Godly entertainment that the volunteers don't have to come up with all the time for when the rain rolls in.

I see GloryStar posted the system with pricing, so that is a step in the process.

Thanks to all,

God Bless,
Bruce - Roxtreme

Pricing is listed for only a complete system with the new receiver.

What will be the price for just the receiver (for those of us who didn't wait, but bought the system with the Mercury II)?

What will be the price for just the receiver (for those of us who didn't wait, but bought the system with the Mercury II)?
Hey, Cemguy, You need another full setup;):D. You may want to record one and watch another...;)

I suggest you call and ask. As I suggested, the website is for the public and sales. This site is for support! I AM NOT trying to to put Brian on the spot, but they were taking pre-orders from SatelliteGuys!.
POP

The price was posted sometime today.

GEOSATPRO DVR1100C SAT REC USB DVR
$185.00

approx. 1 GB per 1/2 hour... Brian, what is the current limit? You told me, but I did not write it down where I can find it. (I should have had my notebook in my hand instead of writing it down later. My brain is getting full!)
Also, what is the name of (one of) the program(s) that converts the files and saves them so they can be burned to DVD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts