any update on SES3?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Any whispers of SES3 taking over for AMC1 anytime in the future? I hope it happens before the snow fly's! Want to move some dishes around before the cold hits and need to know what they are doing with the skew on SES3. Thanks.

Nope not heard anything. It will be well posted though when it does.;)

Looking into my crystal ball, I see that the cost of changing the skew on all those downlinks and uplinks versus keeping the odd skew on the new satellite; keeping the odd skew will win out and nothing will change as far as we are concerned.

Uplink skew is fully adjustable from the uplink room if you will. Downlink would be a pain, though. Why isn't AMC18's skew jacked? Doesn't NBC use them too? It would be too bad if they decide to continue the odd skew. The affiliates/net probably don't care because they're all using Az/El mounts anyway.

When I first got my microHD I looked for NBC on AMC1 but didn't get anything, and the pier-cam wasn't very interesting:)

I did a blind scan last night and a bunch of NBC channels were found. NBC Mountain, NBC West, and a bunch of occasionals. I don't think I changed anything here. Does that mean they started moving from AMC1 to SES3 or just some change here I don't know about (like it's cooler outside now).

I don't think they've changed the skew. I normally get the Mountain-West-Occasional mux, but a few weeks ago I got the All Occasional mux and the East-Central-Occasional mux. I hadn't changed anything, but if I'm not mistaken the temperature had dropped during that time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)