Univision Galaxy 17 (91W)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bill_bly_ca

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
Ontario Canada
Galaxy 17 TP 4007

Hi

Galaxy 17 TP 4007 disappeared on me late friday (Mar 2) and has yet to reappear as of this morning.

No signal, No Quality reading

Anyone else missing it? Lyngsat has no change for this Transponder.

All the CW and Reelz channels are being received well, at the expected signal and quality levels.

That worked ...

But then failed again after 5 min.

Openbox S9 showitg 89 for signal and 39/45 (bouncing ) for quality. Changed the TP frequency by +1 either way with no change.

I am guessing that something has slightly gone out of whack allowing the (stronger) CW signals to be receivable and Univision not. Time to tweak the hardware a bit.

Thanx for the help though.

Bill B

I am getting KLUZ, 4007, here. Using the 10' BUD which is aimed at 91W, but I am not sure that I have it peaked. My reception is good on CW and KLUZ, runing about Q of 60 more or less on my Azbox.

4007 = Q72 here. S9 & 10ft. When I see bouncing Q with my S9, I know I am not aimed quite right.

Sounds like something moved, tilted slightly???? Plumb the pole then:
Guess I'd start by checking the complete alignment, elevation at center and azimuth on the end.(only because a while ago, that cured some issues I was having on a couple of satellites)
The more time spent on "getting it tracking, right on"(a gnats a--)" and feed tweaked to the N'th degree, pays rewards in the end.
Just for comparison, 4007 @ 71Q, 3887 & 3720 & 3991 @ 81Q, 10ft, 241 LNBF, Openbox S9. Best of luck.

Univision moved to 3941 V 2479.

Thanks for the info.
I used to be able to get it before, but about 2 years ago they changed the FEC from 3/4 to 7/8, and haven't been able to get it since then. I just checked this new frequency, and I have some signal now, but I am not sure if it's enough for my Viewsat to lock it, as it fails to scan in the channel. I will do some fine tuning of the dish, hopefully I will get it again. My wife would love it.
Do you know what the FEC is now?

Thanks again.

TP 4007 seems to have disappeared on me again.

This time I have done peaking , removal of TP and rescan and even an entire box reset but to no avail.

Is anyone else still getting this TP?

I have not been able to pick 4007 up since last Thursday (no signal, no quality) even thought a very strong signal on the neighbouring TP 4014 ..

Lyngsat still shows 2480 for the bit rate.. Is that still valid?? .. I have had a similar problem on an other TP on Intelsat 805 when this number changed and it appeared like the TP was gone until the updated bit rate allowed it to be scanned..

Thanx

Looks like a couple search terms later I found my answer..

Univision moved to 3941 V 2479 posted yesterday in the FTA section...

Will try when I get home tonight.

Thanx folks

I used to be able to get it before, but about 2 years ago they changed the FEC from 3/4 to 7/8, and haven't been able to get it since then. I just checked this new frequency, and I have some signal now, but I am not sure if it's enough for my Viewsat to lock it, as it fails to scan in the channel. I will do some fine tuning of the dish, hopefully I will get it again. My wife would love it.
Do you know what the FEC is now?
Still shows FEC 7/8 sorry.

Well I entered the TP and scanned but alas no signal there either.

In the mean time I have a Google TV set up for my wife to get her Novellas fix via Justin TV..

I am using Openbox S9 which states it can use a FEC 7/8 .. Maybe I have to wait for the weather to break to peak the ant just "so"..

In the process of the initial troubleshooting I replaced the LNB cable (got me another 3% quality) and used a pencil to gently pull out 2 spider nest sacks from the LNB (Got me another 5%) so I am pretty sure I am at top of what the equipment I have can give (Sig 89 Qual 81 on Reelz and plum on Galaxy 17)

I guess this weekend's job is to finally set up the actuator. It is an 8' dish on a 3" pole up about 7' in the air. Actuator is about 1/3 from full compression looking at Galaxy 17.

My plan I guess is to set up for maximum compression on the actuator looking at Anik F3 (for the Univision feeds there) and see if it can swing down to something like AMC 6 before setting up the full extent stop. I see there is an actuator set up thread in the top of this forum so I guess I should start reading.

TP 4007 seems to have disappeared on me again.

This time I have done peaking , removal of TP and rescan and even an entire box reset but to no avail.

Is anyone else still getting this TP?

I have not been able to pick 4007 up since last Thursday (no signal, no quality) even thought a very strong signal on the neighbouring TP 4014 ..

Lyngsat still shows 2480 for the bit rate.. Is that still valid?? .. I have had a similar problem on an other TP on Intelsat 805 when this number changed and it appeared like the TP was gone until the updated bit rate allowed it to be scanned..

Thanx
Lyngsat updated 10/24/2012 reports it without any parameters. It's Gone!

SUCCESS....

The details may help the other fellow who has issues with this TP as well..

When I bought the BUD there was a Chapparrel LNB included (C/K band with a type of actuator) ... Trying to make set up at my house as easy as possible I just marked up the locations of everything with magic marker..

Got everything home and realigned the marks and everything worked.. So I left as "was".

I had a dual feed Eaglestar LNB that used to look at intelsat 805 on a 6 foot fixed dish for the Nicaraguan mux. That mux went encrypted last fall. I intended to put the dual feed LNB on the BUD but nothing forced me too so it sat there unused.

Today, after 2 hours of trimming and fiddling for 3941, I said well I might as well swap the Chapparrel LNB for the dual feed since I am starting from scratch.. Boom.. There was 3941 right at the quality and signal I expected.

Now that being done, I tried the actuator for the first time.. It worked (moved) but I could not find Galaxy 3 so I left it for the day maybe try more on that tomorrow (Questions in another thread)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)