Any updates to the DTVPAL DVR?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
208 is the last one. Channel Master sells basically the same unit, but I wouldn't count on them making any FW updates, or if they do, that it would work on the Dish product.

Love mine.

Yes, Channel Master is promoting it pretty well; it is a featured prominently on its website and at Crutchfield where it has its own Crutchfield produced video extolling its virtues. Also available at Amazon as well as a number of retailers. The Channel Master branded box is a dark gray. Dish/Echostar never promoted it as much as Channel Master is now.

This would be a great box if they had name based recording features. Otherwise it's operates like the old DISH dvrs did before they got nbr: digital vcrs. But it works for me on certain channels that get guide data, that I don't get with DISH 722k.

This would be a great box if they had name based recording features. Otherwise it's operates like the old DISH dvrs did before they got nbr: digital vcrs. But it works for me on certain channels that get guide data, that I don't get with DISH 722k.

And that is precisely why I ended up with the TiVo Series 3. I really wanted the Dish/Echostar DVR, but no Name Based was the deal breaker. I would have gotten a Moxi, but they have no OTA support. I know others work with the CM's no Name Based, but to me, that just isn't a DVR in today's world, and it really is kind of the point of a DVR here in 2010. I will say that I unexpectedly watch a lot of and enjoy the on-line content via the TiVo, and it is something I can't get from Dish. I won't go media box yet because I still use the TiVo for a fair amount of OTA. But the nice thing about the TiVo is that the on-line content is downloaded to the HDD and does not have to be streamed like on most of the media boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts