Any updates to the DTVPAL DVR?

208 is the last one. Channel Master sells basically the same unit, but I wouldn't count on them making any FW updates, or if they do, that it would work on the Dish product.

Love mine.

Yes, Channel Master is promoting it pretty well; it is a featured prominently on its website and at Crutchfield where it has its own Crutchfield produced video extolling its virtues. Also available at Amazon as well as a number of retailers. The Channel Master branded box is a dark gray. Dish/Echostar never promoted it as much as Channel Master is now.

This would be a great box if they had name based recording features. Otherwise it's operates like the old DISH dvrs did before they got nbr: digital vcrs. But it works for me on certain channels that get guide data, that I don't get with DISH 722k.

This would be a great box if they had name based recording features. Otherwise it's operates like the old DISH dvrs did before they got nbr: digital vcrs. But it works for me on certain channels that get guide data, that I don't get with DISH 722k.

And that is precisely why I ended up with the TiVo Series 3. I really wanted the Dish/Echostar DVR, but no Name Based was the deal breaker. I would have gotten a Moxi, but they have no OTA support. I know others work with the CM's no Name Based, but to me, that just isn't a DVR in today's world, and it really is kind of the point of a DVR here in 2010. I will say that I unexpectedly watch a lot of and enjoy the on-line content via the TiVo, and it is something I can't get from Dish. I won't go media box yet because I still use the TiVo for a fair amount of OTA. But the nice thing about the TiVo is that the on-line content is downloaded to the HDD and does not have to be streamed like on most of the media boxes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)