Any US actions against a subscriber?

I can get a legit Canadian phone # as well as set my outbound ANI/CLID when making calls to Canada, so I'm not worried about plugging my IRDs in. (E*'s Audit Department LOVES harassing me for forgetting to change my ANI/CLID).

I call BS... play dumb if they harass you. "It's plugged into the wall, sir. It shows my incoming calls on my screen, so it must be working."

I can guarantee you that E* hates VoIP for their receivers. They cannot rely on the true ANI alone, since I can call from 3 different accounts on the same VoIP provider and have them all show up as the same ANI. ;)

Dial 800-437-7950 to read your real ANI.

Then not to mention all the users using free VoIP services such as FreeWorldDialup or SIPPhone to bypass the $5 fee on dual tuner models. They all show up as the same number. I think it's hilarious! ;)

I call BS... play dumb if they harass you. "It's plugged into the wall, sir. It shows my incoming calls on my screen, so it must be working."

I can guarantee you that E* hates VoIP for their receivers. They cannot rely on the true ANI alone, since I can call from 3 different accounts on the same VoIP provider and have them all show up as the same ANI. ;)

Then not to mention all the users using free VoIP services such as FreeWorldDialup or SIPPhone to bypass the $5 fee on dual tuner models. They all show up as the same number. I think it's hilarious! ;)

And dial *67-1-800-437-7950 to see how ridiculous it is for people to think that the Satellite Providers CANNOT tell the number they are calling from when they dial *67.

The *67 does nothing

Yes - and as noted, many companies are instantly cross-referencing that ANI information with other databases to get more information that just your name and number.

Again, I have never been a D* sub in my name - nor is my first name on my telephone number, account, telephone books etc. It is just an initial.

Yet when a neighbor needed to call when their phone was out - and I dialed the number for them - with a *67 in front - and even inputing their telephone number - the Directv CSR came on and stated MY NAME and even MY FIRST NAME which is not shown on ANI or anything else.

It was an eye opener for me.

Yes - and as noted, many companies are instantly cross-referencing that ANI information with other databases to get more information that just your name and number.

Again, I have never been a D* sub in my name - nor is my first name on my telephone number, account, telephone books etc. It is just an initial.

Yet when a neighbor needed to call when their phone was out - and I dialed the number for them - with a *67 in front - and even inputing their telephone number - the Directv CSR came on and stated MY NAME and even MY FIRST NAME which is not shown on ANI or anything else.

It was an eye opener for me.

Name in a phone book? What's that? It's been nice not being listed for the past 3-4 years due to VoicePulse. I can't remember the last time I had a telemarketer calling the house.

Name in a phone book? What's that? It's been nice not being listed for the past 3-4 years due to VoicePulse. I can't remember the last time I had a telemarketer calling the house.

Again - as stated - they are using other databases to cross reference phone numbers and names.

So the phone book is immaterial.

Right...but what basically what I was stating was I can guarantee you they don't have mine.

I don't know how I can be much clearer about this.

They had my name which has never been on the phone ANI or in a phone book - or any public record.

They had an address which is on NO RECORDS, PERIOD - only a credit report and the IRS have the address - and the nick name I go by is not the name on credit report. Again, I have NEVER been a D* customer and they have never run a credit report on me and they referred to me by my nick name.

They clearly have some very extensive databases they cross reference.

I was in Bank of America the other day and they pulled up a secondary screen on me and it had the last 3 years of the amount I reported to the IRS as income. I didn't even think that was legal or could be accessed, but clearly it can very quickly.

I would have bet any amount of money that no one had my address - but that they had the name and address instantly showed the databases of even non-customers that they have access to instantly.

I couldn't for the life of me get my 942 to connect reliably over FWD. :(

Just to respond here as I have gotten several Private Messages about this, hopefully, this will explain it again.

If a broker used a telephone number he had, it wouldnt take very long before they spotted that a number of people at different locations had the same phone number and that would bring attention to all of them.

Thus the broker usually makes up a phone number for the account.

As noted earlier, for ease of reference, the broker will replace the last 4 numbers of his phone number with yours.

For example, if the broker's number is 418.555.1234

And your number is 803.444.7890

The broker will make the number for on the SC or BEV account 418.555.7890

If the bill is paid on time, odds very slim that SC or BEV will ever call it. And if the bill is being paid, they really won't care if its the wrong number.

Just to respond here as I have gotten several Private Messages about this, hopefully, this will explain it again.

If a broker used a telephone number he had, it wouldnt take very long before they spotted that a number of people at different locations had the same phone number and that would bring attention to all of them.

Thus the broker usually makes up a phone number for the account.

As noted earlier, for ease of reference, the broker will replace the last 4 numbers of his phone number with yours.

For example, if the broker's number is 418.555.1234

And your number is 803.444.7890

The broker will make the number for on the SC or BEV account 418.555.7890

If the bill is paid on time, odds very slim that SC or BEV will ever call it. And if the bill is being paid, they really won't care if its the wrong number.

If that is the case for telephone numbers what are they doing in regards to the address?