Any US actions against a subscriber?

they use a drop location location such as a ups store or a mail boxes etc as a mailing address- they use a real address such as an apartment building for the service address, you can do this your self
and use *c electronic/email billing you do not really need a broker to get *c in the usa- i do not have one.

Speaking of addresses whats the easiest way to find a canadian address zip code and all that? Wheres the best place/ retailer to purchase a canandian receiver?

Edit: nevermind the address.. got that under control. But still could use suggestion on a good retailer or anybody got a decent priced used HD receiver for bev?

Last edited:
Speaking of addresses whats the easiest way to find a canadian address zip code and all that? Wheres the best place/ retailer to purchase a canandian receiver?

Edit: nevermind the address.. got that under control. But still could use suggestion on a good retailer or anybody got a decent priced used HD receiver for bev?

Doesn't DJrob have one for sale in the classifieds section here?

One possible problem with making up a fake phone number.
Bell called me shortly after setting up service to thank me for signing up and asked how I was enjoying the service.

As far as the phone goes, just give them your cell phone number reguardless of what the area code is.
You use this cell phone in the US and at your Canadian address.

*C will not care if you use a us number as a second tel no but the first one should be a canadian tel no- that is what they told me-
perhaps theircomputer would not know the difference, bev is a lot more pickier about us subs. they will cut you off if they know you are calling form the usa. *c 's 800 tel no works from the usa obviously by design.

Very convenient for Bell Xpress Vu to have a toll free number that works from the states to Canada.

Has anyone noticed that when using a Canadian phone system through Bell Canada that you cannot call Dish Network in the states?

At least Dish Network has a computer call back in place to get around blocking methods.

I've had SC for over a year and Directv for 9 years.

I am getting ready for an installer, on behalf of DTV, to install an HD dish and HDDVR.

After reading this I am a little concerned about the installer coming to my house and seeing my SC equipment.

With SC I have a Winni address and autopay so no issues there.

Would it be a good idea to try to use paint thinner to remove the SC label on the dish(Not sure if that is possible) and hide the receiver?

Or should I take down the dish...(Major hassle steep roof) and hide everything?

Sorry to sound paranoid but my Canadian Wife needs her Coronation Street!

Play stupid... "I don't know what that is. Its my brother-in laws." I bet the installer isn't going to care. He's probably going to ask you since for all he knows is DishNetwork and DirecTV are up in the sky.

yea it all depends who you get, everyone I've had out here couldnt care less, I even had a Dish installer put the SC dish in (I don't get on the roof). On a side note we are hoocked on Corination street also.

I've had SC for over a year and Directv for 9 years.

I am getting ready for an installer, on behalf of DTV, to install an HD dish and HDDVR.

After reading this I am a little concerned about the installer coming to my house and seeing my SC equipment.

With SC I have a Winni address and autopay so no issues there.

Would it be a good idea to try to use paint thinner to remove the SC label on the dish(Not sure if that is possible) and hide the receiver?

Or should I take down the dish...(Major hassle steep roof) and hide everything?

Sorry to sound paranoid but my Canadian Wife needs her Coronation Street!

It's not illegal for an American to receive SC. Now if you were hacking it, you might run afoul of the law - but as you have a legal box, who cares?

In the worst case, you spend part of your time here and part of it there - thus you use it when you are down here - no issues.