Any way to get cheaper deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ctjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
I am a former DirecTV customer. I switched to Dish about 2 years ago. LOVE the 622, HATE the lack of HD content and lack of some of the new features of the HD21.

Several calls to DirecTV and one to a forum sponsor and so far best I can do (for my set up, which is, admittedly, a little crazy) is around $550.00 or so for THREE HD21s (main TV, Theater room, Mom's "house" in the basement).

Not complaining or anything; I'm sure it's a good value. Just completed a ton of renovations on our older home, so $$$ is very tight.

Thanks!

The price is the price. If you can't swing all of it, try part of it.

DIRECTV doesn't need your business as bad as you want it and they know it.

The price is the price. If you can't swing all of it, try part of it.

DIRECTV doesn't need your business as bad as you want it and they know it.

Yeah, I got that impression from the call. :)

Unfortunately directv has gotten much stricter in giving away good deals to new or old customers.

Oh well, it's not like I'm stuck just watching the major networks. I have some HD with Dish and a good DVR (well, 3 good dvrs...). I'll just wait til the budget is better or I can find a better price. Thanks for the help, though!

Oh well, it's not like I'm stuck just watching the major networks. I have some HD with Dish and a good DVR (well, 3 good dvrs...). I'll just wait til the budget is better or I can find a better price. Thanks for the help, though!

You mean:

$10/mo. off for 24 months;
$18/mo. off for 12 months;
$300 gift/coupon book;
Up to two HDDVR's for $99 each or two HD boxes for free;
$50 friends referral;
One year Showtime free;
Free S&H and installation

Are not good enough for you?

I got two HR21's and one non-DVR HD receiver for $300 as part of the AAA deal. Normal price would be $400, as the AAA deal gets you an additional $100 off.

Q: I just returned a perfectly working R15 and got it upgraded with a HR20 for the cost to ship it to me. Oh well; guess that existing customer deal sucks too. Hmm? LOL!:confused:

Attachments

• douche1.jpg
    douche1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 201
Q: I just returned a perfectly working R15 and got it upgraded with a HR20 for the cost to ship it to me. Oh well; guess that existing customer deal sucks too. Hmm? LOL!:confused:

Never said anything about anything "sucking." Far from it. What I said was "Not complaining or anything; I'm sure it's a good value."

I can certainly see how that could be misconstrued.

He sounded like a troll anyway.

Really?

I was just about to say that YOU sounded like an a$$hole. Funny how that works.

If you can read, you can see that there is/was nothing remotely troll-like in this, or any of my other posts here. I generally look for help when I need it and most of the time, thanks to the other fine folks here, I find it.

Cleary, I was mistaken. I thought this was a DirecTV thread, not a Dickhead thread.

Yeah, yeah, I know. See you later. This issue not withstanding, thanks for all the past help.

Really?

I was just about to say that YOU sounded like an a$$hole. Funny how that works.

If you can read, you can see that there is/was nothing remotely troll-like in this, or any of my other posts here. I generally look for help when I need it and most of the time, thanks to the other fine folks here, I find it.

Cleary, I was mistaken. I thought this was a DirecTV thread, not a Dickhead thread.

Yeah, yeah, I know. See you later. This issue not withstanding, thanks for all the past help.

ctjr, Don't let the couple of post discourage you. I would call Directv back and ask for a better deal. I am sure if you talk to the right CSR you will get a deal that you are very happy with. It took me three calls to them before I received a deal that I was very happy with.

HUH? clearly it is directed at "Q:" (look at the posts again) it is not my fault people do not read posts or threads fully and with understanding. AND, if I would have been directing it to the OP, I would have quoted HIM.

Unfortunately directv has gotten much stricter in giving away good deals to new or old customers.

Yes but have you ever seen Q: stand for question before. It is a very common practice.

Usually when followed by a ? and/or an A:, sure, but thats why its important to read everything that precedes it AND the fact I did not quote the OP; which I had already cleared up.

I just figure I'll get banned now. I can live with it. Tired of snide commentary, piling on, and my favorite tactic of all: throwing out "troll." Which of course shuts down all discussion and makes the person(s) calling "troll" the winner.
Funny,as I thought I was bending over backwards about the pricing and all that. I truly think the pricing is pretty good/fair. I was just looking for a deal based on current finacial situation.

Anyway, banned or not, thanks JAG. Much appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)