Need H20 Parts?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
Where can I buy parts for an H20 receiver? I need the Satellite In Plug. One end is the coax connector, with about a 4 inch wire to an RCA connector. Real simple replacement if I can find one!

Where can I buy parts for an H20 receiver? I need the Satellite In Plug. One end is the coax connector, with about a 4 inch wire to an RCA connector. Real simple replacement if I can find one!

Are they the same as the ones in other units ?
Non H rec's, do you have any old rec's not being used around the house ?

Jimbo

Are they the same as the ones in other units ?
Non H rec's, do you have any old rec's not being used around the house ?

Jimbo
Not the same as the Samsungs. Thats all I have of old Receivers. Maybe I could check a Philips that I may still have.

Any old H-10's sitting around ?, probably not or you wouldn't have asked ....
or even the old HR250's

Jimbo
No, they are all the same way, the ones I have in my house. This is such a simple part to change as well. Maybe I could find someones broken H20,and buy it cheap. Inside the coax side of the satellite in,is where the problem is , theres little metal pieces inside that aren't touching the center conductor with enough clamping power to make a good connection. and I tryed useing a pin to try and push those metal peices closer together,but that only helped a little. They feel real weak! but my signal on TP17 on the 103 was 28 now its 41. but if I hold my cable out some without screwing it in to the connector I get an 89. But I have kids so as soon as they walk by ,it falls out .

I would check eBay. Never know what you'll find there.

If it is a leased box, DTV should swap it out for no cost even without the EPP.

Good point Nutflush

Hemi,
I have several useless H10's sitting on the shelf, seeing they don't do mpeg4 they are useless.
Are these the type you need, is there any way to know without opening them up ?

Jimbo

Good point Nutflush

Hemi,
I have several useless H10's sitting on the shelf, seeing they don't do mpeg4 they are useless.
Are these the type you need, is there any way to know without opening them up ?

Jimbo
You would have to open it up most likly? On my H-20 you can't really see unless its open!. H10 I don't Know .

See, that I don't understand. How can they expect someone to pay for something they aren't getting. You aren't getting signal, and without it your sevice is useless.

I have an idea but, it is not ethical. Add the EPP for 1 month get your new reciever, ship the broken one back, and then cancel the EPP. They will ship one to you va FedEX and won't even need to send a tech out most likely. You can even add the EPP to your plan right online I think.

Hemi, if you do order the EPP (Equipment Protection Plan) you don't have to wait 30 days to use it. You can add it online and then call tech support right away to get a replacement. Just wanted to point that out.

See, that I don't understand. How can they expect someone to pay for something they aren't getting. You aren't getting signal, and without it your sevice is useless.

I have an idea but, it is not ethical. Add the EPP for 1 month get your new reciever, ship the broken one back, and then cancel the EPP. They will ship one to you va FedEX and won't even need to send a tech out most likely. You can even add the EPP to your plan right online I think.
Last time I replaced a Samsung with a D10,for my daughters room,and didn't have the PTP, But they said just pay Shipping,for $19.95 and we will send you a refurbished D10. Ok no problem,Not a word was said about a commitment, Untill the D10 came next day,and I had to call and activate,and guess what,You got It ,Bam!!! 12 more months added to my contract. I was mad ! That commitment thing is BS! They tell you is a programming commitment,so that should have nothing to do with any equipment,I buy, active,or break. Thats why its Bogus.

Hemi, if you do order the EPP (Equipment Protection Plan) you don't have to wait 30 days to use it. You can add it online and then call tech support right away to get a replacement. Just wanted to point that out.
Really? Cause it said online it starts in 30 days ! great if it starts right away. Now what if I say I want a H21 instead, I have no problem paying the $99 for that, But will they still make me commit, even though I'm still using PTP for my defective H20.

I never had to extend my contract when replacing a bad receiver. When you activate, make sure the rep knows you are replacing a damaged receiver. Not adding a new receiver. That might help.

I never had to extend my contract when replacing a bad receiver. When you activate, make sure the rep knows you are replacing a damaged receiver. Not adding a new receiver. That might help.
I'll call them,I guess ,Its such a pain ,because someone always has to be here. I hope they can just UPS or Fed EX it!

With EPP, they should use FedEx for no fee. Tell them its dead and can't be repaired. They will then ship it out. You may have to return the old one. They will let you know and will send a pre-paid return.

Really? Cause it said online it starts in 30 days ! great if it starts right away. Now what if I say I want a H21 instead, I have no problem paying the $99 for that, But will they still make me commit, even though I'm still using PTP for my defective H20.
You can add it and Use it right away, however I think you would still have to pay shipping. Its best to call and ask them directly.

Wouldnt you still be adding a commitment if you activate one you got off of Ebay?

I think you would get a refurb of what you currently have with the EPP unless of course they didn't have anymore. If you wanted a H21 it would be an upgrade thus a contract is enforced.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)