Any way to get cheaper deal?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Let me tell you why I said what I thought he was, and still think so BTW.

He came on said three HDDVR's for $550. Even the least resourceful person in this whole world can easily get three HDDVR's for $500 as a new sub, that is for a returning DirecTV sub too. I then showed him the info on how to get a better deal as a NEW sub.

Had he even cared to read it, he would have learned that he could easily order Directv again as a NEW sub, and the most he would pay for three HDDVR's will be $397. But one could easily buy the 3RD one from Costco for $169 and save some money too, a receiver bought at Costco also carries a lifetime warranty.

That is on top of the $18x12+$10x24+$300+$50+free one year Showtime. Even if you are not an AAA member, it only cost $55 to become one, which BTW carries all the discount deal power with it, and free roadside service too.

Did he care to be bothered? No he did not, the only thing he could say was oh well DISH was not that bad after all, I would wait for D* cost to come down?

A reasonable person, when really is concerned about cost and wants to save, would at least look at the information and offer a response accordingly.

But if he cares not to do so, then one can only conclude his purpose was something other than what he stated, which fits in the definition of a troll. And dont pretend to be a victim either.

Both charper1 and mattopia also tried to help, but in the case of mattopia he totally ignored his comment, and in the case of charper1, again he was only defensive. Simply did not souund like someone who was sincerely trying to save money.

He can of course prove me wrong and if I am convinced I will be more than happy to personally appologize.

Last edited:
Let me tell you why I said what I thought he was, and still think so BTW.

He came on said three HDDVR's for $550. Even the least resourceful person in this whole world can easily get three HDDVR's for $500 as a new sub, that is for a returning DirecTV sub too. I then showed him the info on how to get a better deal as a NEW sub.

Had he even cared to read it, he would have learned that he could easily order Directv again as a NEW sub, and the most he would pay for three HDDVR's will be $397. But one could easily buy the 3RD one from Costco for $169 and save some money too, a receiver bought at Costco also carries a lifetime warranty.

That is on top of the $18x12+$10x24+$300+$50+free one year Showtime. Even if you are not an AAA member, it only cost $55 to become one, which BTW carries all the discount deal power with it, and free roadside service too.

Did he care to be bothered? No he did not, the only thing he could say was oh well DISH was not that bad after all, I would wait for D* cost to come down?

A reasonable person, when really is concerned about cost and wants to save, would at least look at the information and offer a response accordingly.

But if he cares not to do so, then one can only conclude his purpose was something other than what he stated, which fits in the definition of a troll. And dont pretend to be a victim either.

Wow, you really ARE an a$$hole of epic proportion. So, I'll spell it out for you:

The amount it would cost would still be too much for ME and THIS time. I never said it was too much, a bad price, or anything of the sort. I actually said, as "any reasonable person" would see, who again, can read, that I thought it was a pretty good deal. CLEARLY, I'm a troll. Talk about stirring the pot; I must be KING of all trolls.

With taxes, this that and the other thing, the amount the CSR gave me was around $550.00, not $500.00, but the fact that my stated amount was a WHOPPING $50.00 different from yours CLEARLY demonstrates, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that I must be a TROLL! Of course, the CSR could be in on it as well, making this a troll CONSPIRACY! (gasp!)

I also said, I really loved my 622, but not the Dish lack of HD. Yep. There it is. My hidden agenda... exposed. I must truly HATE DirecTV to have said that! In fact, it's painfully obvious, to even the "least resourceful person", that I first joined this forum back in 2006 for the express purpose of coming here to be a troll against DiretTV. All those posts in the past seeking information and advice were just a cover. Damn, jac, you are the friggin' Columbo of the internet to have put that together. When you're old enough, by yourself a drink!

I then went on to say, in a manner "any reasonable person"realize was simply being practical, that I could make do with Dish for awhile, as I at least have a little HD, but could make the switch DirecTV when my financial situation allowed. Wow, I am really laying into the Dish people now. How can you remain silent against this brutal onslaught!?!?!? My anti-DirecTV ravings must not be allowed to stand.

I closing, it is my contention that folks like jacmyoung are why so many web forums suck. People with large numbers of posts, no lives, and half-baked opinions on everything and everybody can sit back in cowardly anonymity and proclaim whatever they like about anyone else.

jac, it's not DirecTV I have any sort of beef with. When my situation permits, I intend to switch. Of course, I may not. Who knows. Whatever I do, it certainly doesn't make me, or anyone else who does or doesn't do what jacmyoung thinks is right, a "troll.", though I am certain in your small-minded way, that's how you see the world. So it's really YOU and little basement dwelling gweebs like you I have a problem with. And I think "any reasonable person" would as well.

So bite me. And while you're at it, STFU.

I have brought with me at least 100 people who I knew for a fact had switched from DISH to DirecTV due to this AAA deal, do you really think I care what you think of me?

I just figure I'll get banned now. I can live with it. Tired of snide commentary, piling on, and my favorite tactic of all: throwing out "troll." Which of course shuts down all discussion and makes the person(s) calling "troll" the winner.
Funny,as I thought I was bending over backwards about the pricing and all that. I truly think the pricing is pretty good/fair. I was just looking for a deal based on current finacial situation.

Anyway, banned or not, thanks JAG. Much appreciated.

Yes it is difficult to deal with these directv fanboys who can't see the forrest from the trees. But you just have to try and stay calm and stick with it, that's been my approach.

Yes it is difficult to deal with these directv fanboys who can't see the forrest from the trees. But you just have to try and stay calm and stick with it, that's been my approach.

Actually your approach is to spew out misinformation, lie blatantly about your sources, and take months to show us a chart (yup, we have not forgotten) that you have been promising over and over again that sadly does not exist.

This guy, ctjr, actually sounds reasonable to me and I think a post or two got misunderstood and of course you Q, jumped in with your two cents and of course what you added was not worth two cents, so please, when adding a comment we would like you to add "adding my 1/10000 of a cent in.

Actually your approach is to spew out misinformation, lie blatantly about your sources, and take months to show us a chart (yup, we have not forgotten) that you have been promising over and over again that sadly does not exist.

This guy, ctjr, actually sounds reasonable to me and I think a post or two got misunderstood and of course you Q, jumped in with your two cents and of course what you added was not worth two cents, so please, when adding a comment we would like you to add "adding my 1/10000 of a cent in.

I thought the name is TVBob, not Q?:) Did Sco gave that name?

Anyway, I have been called troll many times, you know what if you can't keep your cool, don't get in a conversation to begin with.

Of course one thing Baghdad Bob had was his cool, can't deny that:)

I am finished with the chart, but I have been asked not to post it here.

No, my chart is about local hd networks, which are watched far more than the majority of national channels.

And DirecTV carries the most watched HD locals too so what is your point? That Fios also carries a weather sub channel? Big deal.

The only thing some of us may be missing is the PBS HD, but even that is over-rated. Of course DirecTV should carry it soon, they already have an agreement in place.

And DirecTV carries the most watched HD locals too so what is your point? That Fios also carries a weather sub channel? Big deal.

The only thing some of us may be missing is the PBS HD, but even that is over-rated.

Directv is still lagging far behind in the percentage of local hd networks offered compared to the percentage fios offers in its markets, as well as most other cable providers. Directv is missing channels like abc, nbc, cbs, fox etc in major markets around the country. This is huge. My chart shows this.

I won't go into the other advantages fios offers here, because I was asked to keep the discussion out of here and in the war zone.

Directv is still lagging far behind in the percentage of local hd networks offered compared to the percentage fios offers in its markets, as well as most other cable providers. Directv is missing channels like abc, nbc, cbs, fox etc in major markets around the country. This is huge. My chart shows this.

I won't go into the other advantages fios offers here, because I was asked to keep the discussion out of here and in the war zone.

Well if that is your contention, then isn't it a huge disadvantage that Fios is only in a few markets to begin with? And BTW my Comcast also has similar national HD's as your Fios, and as many HD locals as your Fios too, but guess what most people around here have DBS, not Comcast.

I know this is off subject so you can have the last words.

Well if that is your contention, then isn't it a huge disadvantage that Fios is only in a few markets to begin with? And BTW my Comcast also has similar national HD's as your Fios, and as many HD locals as your Fios too, but guess what most people around here have DBS, not Comcast.

I know this is off subject so you can have the last words.

I highly doubt that, comcast is still doing quite well with its sub rates.

Fios is a great service and it is available to me and many others in my area, so I'm going to continue to support it. My general point on a national basis is your options for hd may not seem to so cut and dry. Many providers are modeling themselves around the success of fios around the country.

Satellite tv is a unique animal, but most people still view tv providers like other local utility companies with a strong presence in their local communities, so small cable and broadband outlets are not going anywhere anytime soon.

lets try to keep it on topic folks.....and why does it seem that every thread has to turn into a "fios has this" thread??

Unless the person lives in a Verizon Telephone area, they can't get fios. So why throw that out?

so why did you? oh yeah thats right. Because you feel the need to

I already threw my DISadvantage of Fios out there. Not available in about 60-75% of the US

I have brought with me at least 100 people who I knew for a fact had switched from DISH to DirecTV due to this AAA deal, do you really think I care what you think of me?
jac was very helpful to me in making the switch from Dish to Direct TV. He answered several PMs to help me find the best possible price. I was ready to make the change anyway, he just made it easier and much cheaper. He is one of the good guys.

jac was very helpful to me in making the switch from Dish to Direct TV. He answered several PMs to help me find the best possible price. I was ready to make the change anyway, he just made it easier and much cheaper. He is one of the good guys.

Thanks for the good words.

I must admit I was a little harsh but lately I got quite a few E* subs pretending to switch and ask questions only to ignore the DirecTV deals, citing the $99 HDDVR cost. I know the upfront cost is an issue for many people, I did not make the move until the cost got down from $199. I don't blame people for staying put, but simply ignore the other great AAA discounts is unfair.

I was ready to apologize but the way he reacted did not leave much room for negotiation:)

As far as Q, I am sure he had been warned more than once not to post in the wrong forum. It is ok to advocate for Fios but there is the Fios forum to do so. What I think really bothered a lot of folks in the DirecTV forum is not even much him advocating for Fios, but he has been giving misinformation time after time. His first post in this thread is a good example.

In my first post, I stated it was more difficult now to get good deals from csrs than it was several months ago. That opinion I believe is shared by the vast majority of people, especially those at dbstalk who have shared their experiences. It goes along with the changes to their customer retention department, csrs are now instructed to no longer offer the kitchen sink to existing subs who threaten to cancel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)