Any wild Ku feeds....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Its my opionion that if you teach people about what they can do with a true free to air system the more people you can get involved in the hobby. I know that there are those of you that do NOT want to see the hobby grow, and I can respect that. But you have to understand that without a demand for FTA there would be no FTA EQUIPMENT!! If the hackers are shut down and no one spends money putting up FTA systems then there will be no upgraded equipment, or at least none at an affordable price. I was thinking hard about NOT putting up a C-band dish before I found someone to tell and show me it WAS worth it. Now this spring I will have a BUD up and those of you with a BUD already will gain another person who may help you in the future and at least another to discuss your excitement of this hobby with, because you cannot tell me you wife enjoys talking with you hours on end about the new transopnders that lit up today. If noone had told me what I could see with the BUD I would have passed it by. Wake up people. There are sites out there that you can find anything you want to know. I think it is ashame that the sat guys falls short on this subject, with the exception of a chosen few. I am sorry if I offended anyone here, its not my intent to start a fight or change a long standing rule. I just feel different about this subject.

"For those interested in Wild Feeds, you should know that (True) Blind scan is the most important feature on your FTA receiver."

On another note I have been testing both a pansat 2300 and a 2500. As most of you know the 2300 does not have a blind scan, it functions exactly like a viewsats blind scan once you load the correct transponders. But the 2500, WOW thats a bad mamma jamma!!! When you choose a Blind scan it first scans the sat for the active transponders and puts them in a list and then scans them for channels. That is a TRUE blind scan. I intend to do ALOT more playing with this when I "know" there should be a feed up and once I run it through its paces I plan on posting a comparison with reviews on both the 2300 and the 2500. But you are right a "true" blind scan is very important in finding feeds.

I'm well aware of blind scan and it's functions.I'm also aware of the differences of viewsat vs coolsat as I own both(viewsat is not that bad on the ultra).I only asked for a pm as it beats the hell out of scanning a bunch of sats just to find the show is long over by the time you find what sat its on.

I know that there are those of you that do NOT want to see the hobby grow.
What ?
I love what FTA offers , I also loved my old C-band dish way back when even after premium channels went dark and we had no subscription service and made do with whatever channels I could watch.

I don't think that there is anyone that doesn't want to see the hobby grow , this is a special hobby for special people .... and special we are , I can rant and rave about what I get on FTA and 9 out of 10 people can care less , a motor , tinkering ,and blindscanning isn't for everyone , all it takes is one individual to read and take interest in FTA and join the SatGuys forum , we have excellent members that will mentor any individual willing to learn and with patience that individual will learn and enjoy this wonderfull hobby.

Have you ever been told something sensitive yet so exciting or shocking you couldn't contain yourself and ended up telling everyone about only to be asked later to keep it under wraps , and you agreed but it was already too late ?

It's a privelege to watch certain things that were meant for someone else's eyes .

I intend to do ALOT more playing with this (Blindscan) when I "know" there should be a feed up and once I run it through its paces I plan on posting a comparison with reviews on both the 2300 and the 2500. But you are right a "true" blind scan is very important in finding feeds.

It's not about knowing when there is gonna be a feed , it's about stumbling upon it that makes it extra special be it 1am or 7pm.
Blindscan often if you want to see feeds.

If only special people find there way here,those who are truely interested in true fta, then there should be no reason to hide what we may or may not be able to watch. I decided to make the jump to fta because of 1) a person I know is a long time member of this site informed me of what was up there. 2) it seemed fun and it appealed to me. Now I am having a BLAST!! If it were not for someone telling me and teaching me about the wild feeds and also un-encrypted channels I myself would have never gotten started with this hobby, much less put up a big ugly dish on my roof. I am a proud member of another web site that proudly discusses what is found up there. I did not have to jump through a ring of fire or have 1,000 posts to be able to take part in the discussions. I know with being a member of that site and having a friend that is a long time member here I am not missing anything, But its just the point. I found posts on other sites where scott himself has admiitted to watching certen events on FTA . Wether or not they were posted here I do not know but whats the difference? Channels will come and go, and I have seen some go in my very short time using FTA. Do I miss those channels,yes but wtf. Was it another sites fault? I tend to not think so. Right when I started with FTA I was doing blind scans on anything my box would lock on to, I scanned C band sats with KU., I diddn't know any better. I found quite a few channels that were not listed, but I figured that this was "known" because if I found it surely someone else did. It took me a month or so to find a place to dixcuss these channels and to find out that they were "special". Now when I do find these special channels I have a place to talk about them. I just wish it was here. This is the place were I owe Lak7 and others so much for helping me get set up. The knolege that a person can gain from being a member is here is unlimed. We have AWSOME members! Thank you all!! But the fact of the matter is is that there are places that discuss these taboo matters, reguardless if they are on lyngsat or not. Does anyone here really think that if a world feed for the superbowl was posted here 10 mins before the game that it would result in an encryption? I think not.
This site could be #1 with reguards to FTA. I just hate to think that someone who was not as persistant as I was would turn away from getting started with this hobby because someone did not show them the way. Thank you all who have helped me set up my system. I hope I can re pay you some day by finding new channels or feeds but it will have to be by PM or on another site.

Thanks to all that beleave in open disscution and the responce that wild feeds are a part of fta and its great to have open forum.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts