This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any word on Dish price increases?

So, that contract I just signed, reducing the cost of my programming package by $10 per month, will be offset by a $10 separate fee for locals? Cool.
I hadn't thought about that. Dish locks everyone into a two-year price lock, which only guarantees the price of the core package, and then separates out the local channels as an add-on so they can still raise the bill. Since the core package price is locked for two years, does that mean that you also do not get the additional $5 reduction to the core package that Dish is promising to partially offset the cost of the local package?

So, that contract I just signed, reducing the cost of my programming package by $10 per month, will be offset by a $10 separate fee for locals? Cool.
But your core programming will go down $5. So, your net increase is $5...

Maybe, just maybe, the lock is for an increase in the price of core programming and not for a decrease....
Maybe, but with the $10 discount for the contract, the price is already locked at a lower rate than the $5 decrease to the regular price, so the additional $5 decrease may not apply.

Hmm, wonder how Welcome is impacted. You have the locals, but no RSN.

According to the article linked before, Welcome Pack won't see a change. http://www.multichannel.com/news/distribution/cable-fees-set-rise-new-year/409676

"Dish customers that receive the two-year price guarantee won’t see any change to their bill for that period, and neither will customers currently in a promotional pricing period. Hall added that customers of Dish’s Flex Pack, Welcome Pack or DishLATINO Basico also will not see increases."

But a $5 increase to me says that the Locals will be $10 per month in addition to the cost of your $5 decreased base package.

That's good for me!

But a $5 increase to me says that the Locals will be $10 per month in addition to the cost of your $5 decreased base package.

I guess you suffer from selective reading abilities.....

That's the problem, a $10 charge for locals, but they cannot be removed. So, they are blaming there $5 increase on local contracts this year. What will they come up with as a blame next year?

Dish will be offering local over the air antenna installs (which makes no sense as if you have an AT package you must tae the $10 locals too, and there are no OTA tuners for the Hopper currently available...)

Reactions: charlesrshell