Any word on Prime TV app for Joeys?

Is it on there now?
Lol. crodrules seems it sped up my timeline by 6 or 7 months.
I guess you haven't read the New Software thread yet. ;)
Yes, on Joey 3 and 4K Joeys only, and then only when connected to a Hopper 3. So, still no good for anyone using these Joeys with any other model of Hopper. It is a shame, since for me, the whole point of a 4K Joey is to add access to 4K programming to a Hopper that does not already have it, such as a Hopper With Sling (which the 4K Joey was originally designed to work with) or the Hopper Duo. If you have to have a Hopper that already has both 4K capability and the Amazon Prime app (Hopper 3) before you can access that 4K Amazon programming on the 4K Joey, then what is the point?

So I guess it had nothing at all to do with the Dolby Digital hardware requirement. As I remember I stated before, the Joey is just a remote on the MOCA streaming off the Hopper 3 that it's getting it info from. DD was just a red-haring to keep us placated until they finally got someone to write some code!

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
So I guess it had nothing at all to do with the Dolby Digital hardware requirement. ... DD was just a red-haring to keep us placated until they finally got someone to write some code!
No and yes. There is some hardware requirement that the Joey 1, Joey 2, and Wireless Joey (which uses the same software version as Joey 2) do not meet, which is why those models still do not have the app. I am also guessing that Scott had some inside knowledge about all of this, yet he did not weigh in at all in the earlier discussion, when the bet was being made. Of course, why would he? His site gets paid for the Pub Membership either way. (Scott has also not weighed in on whether the Hopper Duo meets that hardware requirement, so that mystery continues...)

Anyway, I showed HipKat how to give a gift Pub Membership, so Chad is covered for one year. Chad, be sure to look forward to my "Christmas gift" next year, to finish paying off the bet.

Reactions: TheKrell and HipKat
Lol. I appreciate it. You don’t have to fulfill, I respect you. It was more fun than anything.
Hey Chad, the stakes just got raised. ;)

I think I will get you one next year for Christmas. You are a man of your word, and it would be my pleasure.
If you get me one now, it would also extend yours by an additional year. Scott is running a big Buy One - Give One ad on Pub Memberships, since the site needs money. So, you would just have to buy another extension for your own Pub Membership, and then send Scott a private message to let him know to give the matching Pub Membership to me. :)

More info here: https://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/pub-membership-special.392535/#post-4589013

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)