Anybody else watchin Off Beat CInema on RTN?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dr_Brian_Oblivion

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2006
I used to watch that show years ago and man, am I ever digging it cats!
Greatest show on FTA :cool:
for all you hepcats that don't groove to the scene, it is a show on late Saturday and sunday that shows old horror movies, with some way out beatniks hosting it...like cool daddy-o!

Last edited:
I've watched it a few times, but I wouldn't go so far as to say "Greatest show on FTA". I won't comment on the Beatniks, me being a Redneck, I hope you'll understand.

Al

I saw one japanesse movie where the beatniks did a dubover of the japanesse voices , lol

Do they ever manage to dig up the weirdest old movies. There was one where they were trying to pass off a lobster as a space monster. The whole movie was a riot because it was full of the worst acting and most improbable events.

I've watched it several times. They seem to get the best of the B horror flicks. In some of the movies the acting is so bad that it's difficult to watch. But most of the time they're pretty good.

Last year during a football Sunday, I'm going through the channels on G10 in a commercial break of the Packers game and one of the west coast stations from Washington had the attack of something on. Aliens were dressed in Halloween costumes. It was so bad, we ended up watching the rest of it with sound and left the football games as monitors on the other screens. It was made around 1960 in poor technicolor. I forget the name of it, but it was so bad we had to watch. It was like Mystery 3000 show w/o the commentary. We made up our own comments throughout. I looked it up at the time and you can rent the video of this movie if one wanted.

I like it because it reminds me of the "hosted" movies that stations used to do in the 70's. Last weekend was especially good as the movie was Woody Allen's "What's Up Tiger Lilly?".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts