Anybody heard of this?

This was gone over in depth with this csr. It was not a quickie phone call. However...this particular csr stated that the 722 was THE ONLY leased rec. ALL 722Ks had to be purchased up front. I was told and I quote - "sir there is no way anybody can get a 722K without buying it up front".
I have since gotten this handled. I was called back by the same csr who said he was mistaken and that the installer would indeed be bringing a 722K out to me Monday. Time will tell. Thanks again to ALL that responded.
No offense Tampa8. :)

good deal :D

I thought the only difference in the 722 and the 722K is that the 722 had a OTA module and the k you have to buy it. So, I would think you would rather have a 722. Plus, when we do orders, DISHn'it Up or purchased we can't order it for either 722 or 722K or even 622, we just order a 622 Family. So, you could get anyone of those receivers, But I do believe that DISH is no longer installing 622's but I could be wrong.

Newer better chipset in ViP722k, plus OTA module gives you 2 OTA tuners. I don't recall if the two way memory remote works with the plain ViP722.

Newer better chipset in ViP722k, plus OTA module gives you 2 OTA tuners. I don't recall if the two way memory remote works with the plain ViP722.

Oh, ok, thanks. It is great that they dont tells these things, like on our resource at DISH, there is no where that it says that the 722K has a better chipset in it. I was told it had the same one as the 722, that is why the Sling Adapter works, with out that chipset it would not work. But, I know that 90% of the 722's I activate they are 722K's.

Yes, the best part of the 722k is the two tuners for the over the air channels.
This lets you be able to record 4 shows at one time and is the main reason I upgraded from my 622 when Dish offered me the free upgrade last year.
The regular 722 will only record 3 shows at once.

I think the question though is whether you can back up the timers on a 722

navychop,

The 21.0 remote is a replacement remote for the 722 now. It will work TV1 or TV 2. It is used originally with the 722k.

You are right, it does not have the save capability like the 722k receiver.

One hand giveth, the other taketh away! :p

No point in getting it if it won't store settings for the day I move to a different receiver. I have two ViP722 units.

Only the 722k works with the 2 way remote. There is NO WAY I would ever go back to a 722 from a 722k. It is a better DVR and I lease not own. So the guy that said you have to buy one is just not correct in that assumption.

My big question if you guys know.
Can I just plug my external hard drive from my old 622 into the 722k and see my archived shows?
Installer says "no".
I thought I read on here you could transfer between 622/722 on same account.
We did plug it into 722k but it didn't recognize that it was there.
Anyone...anyone???

The correct answer is "Yes", assuming both receivers are activated on the same account.

That's what I thought.
We plugged the hard drive into the 722k and it didn't recognize it.
What did I overlook?
I don't want this 722k to reformat or erase drive.

I'll have to move out if that happens.
I'm already catchin hell from the wife!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
It should work. When I upgraded to a 722K my existing EHD worked fine with it. There is a household key that is stored in the receiver. Your new receiver should have the same key as your old 622. You might have to call Dish and tell them to re-hit your new receiver with your household key so that it will work.

TonyS
Thanks for the quick reply.
I called back and hooked up with another tech that had it up and running in 30 sec.

The kicker is that I was told I could watch ALL the archived data. I could also transfer that data back to the 722.
However... if I want the 722 to archive anything, the drive would have to be formatted to the 722 and any remaining data would be lost. I could transfer data to 722 and then reformat then transfer back to EHD. Unfortunately 722 won't hold it all. But no big deal... We can work around that.

Dish Tech chat was terrible.
Tech via the phone with Lindsay...not good but she was sweet.
Tech #2 Allen.. he is the man!

Thanks again Tony!!!

Very glad it's working.

The kicker is that I was told I could watch ALL the archived data. I could also transfer that data back to the 722.
However... if I want the 722 to archive anything, the drive would have to be formatted to the 722 and any remaining data would be lost.
This too is false! You really had a run of incompetent CSRs. They were just making this up.

TonyS
Thanks for the quick reply.
I called back and hooked up with another tech that had it up and running in 30 sec.

However... if I want the 722 to archive anything, the drive would have to be formatted to the 722 and any remaining data would be lost. I could transfer data to 722 and then reformat then transfer back to EHD. Unfortunately 722 won't hold it all. But no big deal... We can work around that.

Dish Tech chat was terrible.
Tech via the phone with Lindsay...not good but she was sweet.
Tech #2 Allen.. he is the man!

Thanks again Tony!!!

1 word WRONG. Only unit that takes an ext HDD that would reformat would be 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts