Anybody know a GOOD dealer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bobbe

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2010
North America easten coast
Anybody know a GOOD dealer? Man I been getting one bad deal after another. I will not buy anything anymore if it comes from Georgia. I bought a 1.2m dish last year from galaxy something or other arrived with a big hole in box and a dent in dish the size of a grapefruit it looked liked somebody kicked it in I let it go. Then this week I bought a Traxis dbs3500 from e-bay from Shoppcg aka dish world he dropped shipped it from DMS international, it arrived damaged the IF output was banged into the back of receiver dented receiver. It was not packed right, it was shipped in a bigger box with out any Styrofoam or anything to protect it. Seller did not want to take responsibility for it (Hassel) . I am looking to buy a better receiver but this time I am going to be very carful about it. :(

You can try one of the sponsors listed here or you can check out sadoun satellite sales where i bought my c and ku satellite systems!always got it shipped here in one piece and quick!.

On your 1.2 m dish story, did you complain to the company you bought it from? What happened?

Big stuff like satellite dishes are likely to get banged up during delivery even with good packaging. It has happened to me more than once.

The correct thing to do then is to inspect the package upon delivery and if damaged, refuse the package.

If the shipper just leaves the box, you can still refuse the shipment. Don't open the banged up carton.

If you do open the box, Call up the seller and get them to file a claim with the shipping company.

It's a hassle, but that's the way it works..

recommend:

I have bought from all the folks mentioned above and had good results.
It almost sounds like your delivery guys (or somewhere up stream) are a bunch of gorillas.
I get on great with my UPS guy; he even knows me by name and makes sure my package is properly hidden if I'm away!

I will suggest one of our Gold Sponsors who seems to have equal or superior packing & shipping.
That would be SatelliteAV.
Brian is very cognizant that everything about a sale makes an impression on the customer, and he makes sure it's all smooth.
I've called up his staff to take advantage of specials, and they know what's going on, and treat us right at SatGuy's.
In fact, their estimate of when the product will ship is very conservative.
I've placed an order, then called back the next day to add-on, and found they'd already shipped! - :cool:
Likewise, every package I've received from them, has been very securely wrapped 'n boxed, and arrived without incident.

Also, his receivers are quite good. See descriptions in our Hardware Review Department.
His 1.2m dish has a superior elevation adjustment, with a fine-tune screw.
And the selection of LNBf's is quite broad, and most excellent, from what I've seen and experienced.
Both for Ku and for C-band.

As for DMS products, I've gotten some which were fine, but over the years also seen a lot of unhappy users, here.
There is no point in going into details.

I have bought from all the folks mentioned above and had good results.
It almost sounds like your delivery guys (or somewhere up stream) are a bunch of gorillas.
I get on great with my UPS guy; he even knows me by name and makes sure my package is properly hidden if I'm away!

I will suggest one of our Gold Sponsors who seems to have equal or superior packing & shipping.
That would be SatelliteAV.
Brian is very cognizant that everything about a sale makes an impression on the customer, and he makes sure it's all smooth.
I've called up his staff to take advantage of specials, and they know what's going on, and treat us right at SatGuy's.
In fact, their estimate of when the product will ship is very conservative.
I've placed an order, then called back the next day to add-on, and found they'd already shipped! - :cool:
Likewise, every package I've received from them, has been very securely wrapped 'n boxed, and arrived without incident.

Also, his receivers are quite good. See descriptions in our Hardware Review Department.
His 1.2m dish has a superior elevation adjustment, with a fine-tune screw.
And the selection of LNBf's is quite broad, and most excellent, from what I've seen and experienced.
Both for Ku and for C-band.

As for DMS products, I've gotten some which were fine, but over the years also seen a lot of unhappy users, here.
There is no point in going into details.
I did some installation work for customers who got system from Satellite AV, their packing is one of the best as I can see. If order from this company, you need not worry the damage.

Getting to know your UPS man I can relate to. Mine is now a good friend, and if there is any question about shipping damage, he's on my side.

I actually visited Satellite AV up here in Northern California. I echo singkwan's sentiments, you have NO worries when you order anything from them. Their packaging is beefy, well designed, and protects the HECK out of your dish. Their customer service is great too.

It ain't a fly-by-night operation either, they've got a call center in an industrial park with a warehouse in back, dishes out front for their tech team to troubleshoot issues. They're honest, friendly, and hard-working. Give 'em a try!

They're not a good dealer, they're a GREAT dealer.

The only FTA Dealer I've ever dealt with was Sadoun (A one-time sponsor) and I have had a great experience with him....That said, I would never have a problem with buying from any of the sponsors here..

I've worked with SatelliteAv, WSI and Sadoun
Never had an issue with any of them.

I know when I got my 1.2m dish from WSI the box that it was shipped in had a small hole but that was due to the "handling" by the freight truck. Since the dish was so big it wasnt shipped UPS or FedEx

Anybody know a GOOD dealer? Man I been getting one bad deal after another. I will not buy anything anymore if it comes from Georgia. I bought a 1.2m dish last year from galaxy something or other arrived with a big hole in box and a dent in dish the size of a grapefruit it looked liked somebody kicked it in I let it go. Then this week I bought a Traxis dbs3500 from e-bay from Shoppcg aka dish world he dropped shipped it from DMS international, it arrived damaged the IF output was banged into the back of receiver dented receiver. It was not packed right, it was shipped in a bigger box with out any Styrofoam or anything to protect it. Seller did not want to take responsibility for it (Hassel) . I am looking to buy a better receiver but this time I am going to be very carful about it. :(

Hi Bobbe,

Sorry to hear you purchased the WS1247 from us and it had a dent in it. We always make sure anything shipping from our warehouse is shipped in great condition with adequate packing to minimize handling damages. I hate to say it, but once it leaves our warehouse, unfortunately, we have basically zero control over how it's handled through the carrier & their employees.

Usually, when a customer calls us with a damage issue, we go ahead and file a claim with the carrier and ship the customer a new one right away.

Again, I'm sorry to hear about the damage. Next time, please be sure to notate the damage on the bill of lading before you accept the package and please report any damages right away to any vendor you do business with. Reputable vendors take care of their customers both before and after the sale.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)