Anybody order a 622 recently? Might want to wait until 4/1/06

I have a question about the price. If I paid the $299 is that a cost because I bought the unit and it's mine to keep or is it just a lease? I have 2 510 DVR's that I paid $99/each for about 3 years ago and they are mine to keep and now that I got the 622 I want to sell the 2 510's.
Thanks

I hope this isn't a stupid comment, but I'm wondering why everyone is saying that their 622 needs to be installed. I have DirecTV, not Dish, although I'm thinkng about switching to Dish. Whenever I get a new DirecTV receiver I just hook it up myself and call to get it authorized. Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

mdntblu said:
I have a question about the price. If I paid the $299 is that a cost because I bought the unit and it's mine to keep or is it just a lease? I have 2 510 DVR's that I paid $99/each for about 3 years ago and they are mine to keep and now that I got the 622 I want to sell the 2 510's.
Thanks

The $299 is an upgrade and installation fee, the 622 will be leased.

Captain Spaulding said:
I hope this isn't a stupid comment, but I'm wondering why everyone is saying that their 622 needs to be installed. I have DirecTV, not Dish, although I'm thinkng about switching to Dish. Whenever I get a new DirecTV receiver I just hook it up myself and call to get it authorized. Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

I was told that part of the upgrade deal was that a technician had to install it. I tried to get them to just ship it and I would install it, but she said that it was not an option.

I think it's stupid. They could save time and money if they would just let the people who want to install it themselves do it. I guess it has something to do with the 90 day installation guarantee.

Captain Spaulding said:
I.....Why do the Dish receivers need to be installed by someone? Please enlighten me!

Seems that in many cases there's some dish and/or switch juggling to be done since the HD LiLs will be in MPEG-4 and possibly from another satellite. In many areas that means a swap-out to the D1000. I've read in several threads that if the sub. is set to go and has and can swap the equipment himself, then E* will activate the 622 with a cancellation of the scheduled installation. So it all depends on what you need vs. what you're willing to do/buy yourself: dishes, switches, add'l room wired, etc. YMMV...!

I'm going to wait a bit until the dust has settled. Maybe there will be some other promotions besides the 921/942 trade-in after 4-1, which is what started this thread and seems to have been lost somewhere along the way...

Yep that's what I was waiting for, good confirmation that they wanted the trade ins so I ordered in late Feb.

I will still get more than 200 bucks out of the tuner and who knows, maybe they will sweeten the pot a year or so from now in order to get them off the street.

me too

txfeinbergs said:
WTF!!! I ordered on February 14th and still have not gotten mine. Set for an April 3rd install. Something sounds really fishy here.

I ordered my 622 on 2-14-2006 @ 4AM and was given an install date of 4-1-2006. I've been wondering how others are ordering after that and already have their 622. Did you do any checking and is your 622 actually on order?